Question X570 Taichi - Rear Audio Volume is Extremely Quiet

jwells0212

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Hi Everyone!

My rear audio volume is extremely quiet. I have to have my speakers to nearly 85% to hear something at a normal level. These are the same speakers I've used on my Asus Hero VII I just upgraded from and I did not have this issue. I've tried researching on my own the past few days and cannot seem to find anything to resolve the issue. Here is what I've tried and the system specs will be at the end.

1. Updated multiple drivers - It is a Realtek driver and I've tried 7829, 8750.1, 9045.1. I've attempted drivers on Realtek's website, AsRock's, and even for motherboards that are not mine. I am currently running 9045.1 that I downloaded from A320-DVS motherboard. It installs fine but doesn't fix my issue.
  2. I've messed with every combination of enhancements. The current setup that works best is with Loudness Equalization turned on and everything else turned off.
  3. Volume mixer is maxed out along with every application.
  4. Spatial Sound is off and I've tried Windows Sonic.
  5. Switching off the rear 3.5mm audio resolves the issue, obviously. For example, if I use my Logitech headset.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy Holidays! :)

System Specs:

AsRock X570 Taichi
5900X
32GB G.SKill Neo

jwells0212

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2012
Update:
I am planning on returning this motherboard in exchange for an Asus VIII Dark Hero, if I can find one. I'm willing to go back to my old rig while I wait. During my research, I noticed that the Asus board comes with Realtek so I decided to try the drivers posted on the Asus Support. They work much better, but still not perfect. They are about twice as loud and now I can have my speakers in the 50% range and be comfortable. I'm one step closer. ASRock must do some tweaking to the drivers, or at the board level, because using Asus drivers is the closest I've been on this board to decent audio volume. In any case, I'm hoping for better success with Asus. I had Asus for years and loved it and am not sure why I wanted to try something different. I had heard so many good things about ASRock and the Taichi but I've learned my lesson. Now, if only Asus had boards in stock.