Question X670E Taichi, AMD 7950X3d error codes

Jun 16, 2023
Need some help figuring out error codes on my recently built system:
• AsRock X670E Taichi – (Currently BIOS 1.28)
• AMD 7950X3D
• GIGABYTE Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X
• G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 16x2 DDR5-6000 Ram (F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5NR)
• NZXT Kraken Elite 360mm AIO
• 2x Samsung 980Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
• 1x Samsung 980Pro 2TB M.2 SSD

History:

I purchased components and built the system about 2 months ago.

All drivers are updated according to AsRock MB page. The ram was set to Expo mode, no other modifications made to the BIOS OC type stuff. I set the correct fan/pump headers/settings, disabled the iGPU and that’s it. I followed the correct resetting of the CMOS etc..

Operationally everything work fine, system is stable but the MB Dr. Debug displayed codes. It cycled through a host of codes in the 70’s, 50’s and 40’s. I contacted AsRock, they said to RMA the board which I did.

Then then reassembled the new board/system. I saw the “15” code, and allowed it to train for as long as needed. Temps are fine, machine functions as expected. The ram was set to Expo mode, no other modifications made to the BIOS OC type stuff. I set the correct fan/pump headers/settings, disabled the iGPU and that’s it. I followed the correct resetting of the CMOS etc..

Again, operationally it works fine, system is stable but still displays codes. This time it only cycles through the 40’s, tried with only 1 ram stick, same result. Also tried a set of G.Skill 32X2 (same ram), same issues.

So, 2 different MBs, different ram, what gives?

Do I just ignore the codes? Or should I get it to a ‘no code’ state? Is that even possible? Try a third set of ram?

Lutfij

Titan
I followed the correct resetting of the CMOS etc..
Ideally you're advised to disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, then press and hold down the power button for 30 secs and then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins.

Jun 16, 2023
I followed the correct resetting of the CMOS etc..
Ideally you're advised to disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, then press and hold down the power button for 30 secs and then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins.
Have you seen the battery location on this board? Virtually impossible to remove even as an empty board, forget it with a GPU installed.

Multiple times I have unplugged, held the CMOS Reset button on the back, powered up and then got the "15", memory retraining, and default BIOS settings. So it seems to work that way...

Aug 14, 2023
Your mother board may be showing the temperature by default. Search for "x670e taichi Dr debug temp".

There's a program ASRock supplies to turn off Dr debug temp display. This used to be an option on previous mb bios, but was left off all AM5 boards for some reason.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023
"Your mother board may be showing the temperature by default"

OMFG! ...and AsRock tech couldn't think to mention this?!?!?! A-holes.

That looks like exactly what this is, I ran Cinebench and Dr Debug corresponds to the HWiNFO temps. F'n hell...

Reactions: eshoudis

Latest posts