Xbox 1 or PC

Wilfred21

Reputable
Jan 31, 2016
Ok, I know 95% of people are for PC and that's probably what reply's are going to be like, but hear me out.
I basically got enough for my PC which i have chosen the parts for (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tnyFJx) but I have only recently thought about were my friends are at. I have people I know on the PC but 2 of my best friends are on Xbox 1. I'm really not sure what to do. And, if i got an Xbox 1, would it be worth also getting a pc, and if i got a PC, would it be worth getting an Xbox 1.
Just saying the laptop I have at the moment runs CSGO at low at 10-20fps. Any Advice would be appreciated.

Solution
I have and Xbox one and a PC. Got the Xbox because all my friends had one and its just nice and easy for living room gaming. Plus I have a bit of media streaming setup to it to watch films and tv on.

Built the PC because... I wanted to build a PC. Played a few games on it but the convenience of a games console just over weighed the power of my PC. I'm in the process of selling my PC and only having and Xbox one, purely because in my experience, console gaming has been more social and easier to use.

So I would say get the Xbox and if you wanted a PC, start saving for something monstrous :D

Wtootell

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
I have and Xbox one and a PC. Got the Xbox because all my friends had one and its just nice and easy for living room gaming. Plus I have a bit of media streaming setup to it to watch films and tv on.

Built the PC because... I wanted to build a PC. Played a few games on it but the convenience of a games console just over weighed the power of my PC. I'm in the process of selling my PC and only having and Xbox one, purely because in my experience, console gaming has been more social and easier to use.

So I would say get the Xbox and if you wanted a PC, start saving for something monstrous :D

Solution

Sidd7Rossoneri

Commendable
May 9, 2016
And to your last two questions: Would it be worth getting a PC after buying an Xbox 1? Yes it would be.
Would be worth Buying an Xbox 1 after buying a PC? Very likely, NO.

To your Desktop Build. its a mid range PC. You could increase your components to high end stuff, only if you are really into PC gaming. pc games are cheaper too!
But if you are into gaming online with your friends whenever you play, especially the 2 best friends, then get the xbox 1.
But the pc also offers good gaming experience online. Plus, having a PC never hurts, you get a gaming platform with additional features of windows. Xbox cant offer that.

Ari3l

Reputable
May 6, 2014
So you want an xbox 1, a inferior piece of hardware that doesn't compare to the PC you're bulding btw, just because 2 friends play xbone?
F%&# your friends! The new GTX 1080 and 1070 are coming out in less than a month, you should be saving 150£ more to get the 1070 and you'll be happy for years to come.

Sidd7Rossoneri

Commendable
May 9, 2016

Now thats also a way to say PICK THE PC!!

Gnuffi

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
tell your friends to embrace the modern age and get them to step up their hardware and get a PC ;)

Consols was and always will be inferior hardware even on release date, the quality of PC gaming simply doesnt compare, and since PC gaming isnt "dead" it is plenty social too

only wish Devs would embrace this more instead of going the "easy" route and focus games for consols lackluster capabilities
come on, the Xbox1 cant even game at 1080p, what age is this? and they fantasize about consols doing 4k, i giggle so hard my belly makes waves,

only reason people do consols is because its "easy" the epitome of "plug n play", so easy, people dont care about the loss of quality, which is sad

TLDR;
get a PC, then make your friends get a PC,
and first after that you then consider getting a consol if you "uust" have that "consol exclusive game"(which is another crock that should be reason to swear off consols)

Hi,

first, ask yourself what games you want to play,
second, do you like a keyboard and mouse or use a controller when playing games ?
Third, are you familiar with pc, if you get a problem can you repair it ?
How much money do you want to put in the system you want to play.
Are most of your friends you play with, are they PC or Xbox ?