Question Xbox 360 controller driver issue in windows 10

Dec 5, 2022
After installing the corresponding driver of the xbox 360 controller, it is strange that one part of the system detects it correctly while the other detects it as "inno gamepad", this translates as incompatibility with some games natively since instead of recognizing the xbox 360 controller recognizes the "inno gamepad" and vice versa, It would be a great help if someone knows what could be happening because I have been with the drama for several months.

Screenshot of the issue:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What version(not edition) of the OS are you working with while on Windows 10? Try and uninstall the controller from Device Manager and then follow the steps to reinstall drivers manually as stated in this guide. Do you have the wired or wirelss version of the controller? Also, is this a genuine Microsoft branded XBox 360 controller or a third party controller meant for the XBox 360?

Might want to also include the specs to your entire built alongside the BIOS version for your motherboard.

Dec 5, 2022
Muchas gracias por responder, las especificaciones son las siguientes:
Sistema operativo: Windows 10 LTCS 21H2 19044.2311
Control cableado original de Microsoft

Using Google translate;
Thank you very much for answering, the specifications are as follows:
Operating System: Windows 10 LTCS 21H2 19044.2311
Microsoft original wired control

Last edited by a moderator:
After installing the corresponding driver of the xbox 360 controller, it is strange that one part of the system detects it correctly while the other detects it as "inno gamepad", this translates as incompatibility with some games natively since instead of recognizing the xbox 360 controller recognizes the "inno gamepad" and vice versa, It would be a great help if someone knows what could be happening because I have been with the drama for several months.

Screenshot of the issue:
just fyi: I would avoid using a xbox 360 controller. you will find that a xbox one controller will have less driver issues.

note: when a usb device is disconnected you have to go into windows control panel device manager and find the menu item to show hidden devices. Then you can delete the greyed out devices to dump the bad device drivers.