Xbox 360 Flash Drives: $40 for 8GB, $70 for 16GB

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]dlochinski[/nom]I think you just proved his point[/citation]
What?

I think I didn't.
Computer != Game Console
Phone != Game Console
Game Console = Game Console

My point being that the main purpose of this isn't even in the same realm of multi-functionality as the other two.

It was designed to play games.
The other systems can do that, but can you program software or install MS Office on your X-Box? No
Can you carry your x-box around and make phone calls with it? No

Even more important you don't have to use them! You can wait untill May and use whatever 1GB+ Flash Drive you want!?

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
The people that visit this website are a little bit more tech savy than the average person... That being said there are tons of moms, dads, and grandparents that just know their kiddie had an xbox and will get them a gift they know will work. If Microsoft builds and tags it, it will sell whether we think it is a good idea or not.

jsm6746

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
i guess this gives me another reason to laugh hysterically at my console brethren... right after they tell me they'd rather play a fps with a controller, that games look better on the 360 than the pc and that their console is some sort of uber machine in a class all on its own separate in every way from a pc... then, in their defeat, they state that pc's are too complicated for them as if that were some sort of justification as to why they would go out and fork over 70 bones for a 20 dollar flash drive...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]OvrClkr[/nom]Then they announce that LIVE will cost us an arm and a leg. Bummer.[/citation]

What are you smoking? LIVE was out for the first XBox and well before the 360 debuted and I remember it being the same or near the same price. It never just came out of the blue, those of us with XBox1 expected to pay for XBL.

It's not an arm and a leg either.. I paid $35 for a year subscription. Sure Sony's may very well be free, but it also isn't nearly as refined or as nice as XBL. Sony has also talked about charging for PSN and most likely will down the road, though lets hope not, as it gives MS incentive to stay on top in terms of their offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.