Xbox 360 Gets 250 GB HDD Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

For $170? No...they really need to adjust the pricing on their HDD peripherals.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
Why does a video game need a hard drive? Maybe a little flash memory so it can remember where you are in a game or what your high scores are, but a big hard drive?

why would they release this first in a market where no one is buying there console? they are going to have to bring it over here with DLC like assassins creed 2 being over 1GB. and i am sure DLC will require much more space in the future too.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]Why does a video game need a hard drive? Maybe a little flash memory so it can remember where you are in a game or what your high scores are, but a big hard drive?[/citation]

XBLA, Game installs, HD movies..........

Why not a 360GB drive?

Just sayin............

XBLA, Game installs, HD movies..........

Why not a 360GB drive?

Just sayin............

also do not forget that the xbox and PS3 are full fledged media centers now where you can download demo's, movies,tv shows and can also store your own video and audio on them too

but why not get a PS3 and get a 2.5" 500GB - 1TB drive if your concerned that much about space

festerovic

Distinguished
OMG haven't they learned yet? And why would I want this device when I could get an external 1TB for half the price?

Sadly, people will buy it, and MS will not get the message.

wolflive

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
M$ just wants our money. I don't understand the price, laptop HDDs of the same size are only $90. That's whats inside those plastic shells.

Zoonie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
What's sad is that MS can take a $40 HDD, put some plastic around it and sell it for a 300% profit. Don't know what's more sad though, this or that the fact people actually pay without complaining.

G

You need a hard drive to download content (like games, DLC, demos...etc).
Having said that I don't even have a Hard Drive in my Xbox360 since I don't download that stuff anyway. 512MB internal memory has been enough for me.
If the HD was more reasonably priced though I may consider picking it up. I'd buy the 120GB one if it was priced around $50.

G

well i won't buy one, I bought a western digital 2.5inch 250gb drive for around 50 dollars and flashed it with a 250gb hddss.bin file with hddhackr and voila I have had a 250gb hdd since around mid november when the 250gb mw2 consoles came out.

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
There has been no surprise surrounding this announcement, since the special edition 360s that were shipped with 250gb HDDs. The price, though, completely shocked me.

brantdk

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
I bought a 40 $ drive and flashed it myself. Now I have a 250 gb drive in my xbox...saved 130$ It took 1 hour, I copied all my old data from the old drive to the new one. Pretty good savings if you can do it yourself

rhino13

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
This is like trying to release Indiana Jones action figures in Russia.

Aside from the consumate waste, no one likes the 360 in Japan.

silverleaf

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
[citation][nom]brantdk[/nom]I bought a 40 $ drive and flashed it myself. Now I have a 250 gb drive in my xbox...saved 130$ It took 1 hour, I copied all my old data from the old drive to the new one. Pretty good savings if you can do it yourself[/citation]

I would like to flash a drive for the 360. Do you have instructions on how to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.