Xbox One Ad Invites You to the Next Generation

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTekMuppet

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
@computerguy72

You're right that the PS camera will not have enough support since it is not integrated, but if we learned anything from Microsoft's heavy push towards motion gaming with Kinect, it's that there aren't compelling reasons to include a camera in hardcore games and the developers haven't come up with any interesting ideas. At best, it's a casual experience and frankly, causals don't really need a $500 consoles to kill time, they are happy with their flash games on their (more expensive) phones. Other than that, it's just a novelty and impressive only for the first time.

As far as multiplatform games go, both will be similar especially if Microsoft continues its policy of forcing the developers to have no games performing better on the competing platform. The exclusives however stand out. Sony's first party studios have a history of producing high quality games and they usually take full advantage of the hardware at their disposal.

I think if you haven't heavily invested in Live, PS4 and a decent gaming PC is the way to go for gaming over the next 5 years.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Who cares about kinect anyway, I just want a console to play games. Kinect and Sony eye crap thing are useless to many people. Why Microsoft forces people to have it? I prefer no kinect and with the money i will get me a second controller and I will still have 40 bucks for something else.

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Microsoft neglected to show one single in-game video clip! Is it because what they have at launch, doesn't look much better than the xbox360?

JD88

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
What I can't understand is why people don't make a bigger deal out of the ridiculous fact that MS and PS are now both charging a monthly/yearly subscription fee to play games online.

This was the one thing that made the PS3 a much better bargain than the 360.

At least on the PS4 you don't have to pay that fee to use Netflix on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.