Xbox One Controller to Hit Windows PC in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
for a $100 million investment into making a new controller for the console I really expected the XB1 controller to be pc-compatible off the bat instead of there being a dedicated pc release. it wouldve been convenient for console owners and wouldve been good marketing towards the pc users to buy the console. all that money had to go somewhere and it sure as hell couldnt cost even half of that to just redesign the controller and other prototypes(like the smelly one).

digiex

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
"Microsoft reportedly spent more than $100 million designing the new Xbox One controller."

That a lot of money for just the controller. Now understand why Chinese imitations are way cheaper, just hack M$ site then mas produce their product.

obiown77

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
There will be 3rd party drivers well before M$ releases theirs, maybe not quite as refined, but they will work just fine I'm sure.

4745454b

Titan
What's so great about this controller? I think I missed something. I want one (and a mouse please.) that has fans built into it to help keep my sweaty palms not so sweaty. Other then that as long as it works...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Bustapr, they are making it compatible, the fact it does not conform to your timetable is no excuse to piss all over the investment - but the fact PC users will have it at all will add more strength to owning a HTPC and sticking a good GFX card in it, rather than buying a console at all

Antichrist

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
The XBOX 360 controller is my favorite controller of all time by a large margin. I use it all the time for my PC gaming, so I'm interested to see if the updated controller is noticeably different...and hopefully better!

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i will probably get it at release. my current 360 controller is indispensable.. i've used it so often, and it's worked flawlessly with the connector. the joystick and d-pad improvements should make the new controller worth it. don't really care about the vibrating triggers

alextheblue

Distinguished
Bustapr you didn't even read the article! The first paragraph says that they won't have a "dedicated PC release". They just need to build drivers for it, and every Xbox One controller will work - including wired mode with the charge and play type cables.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
The Xbox Controllers have been some of the shittiest controllers I have used in a modern console device. However, I don't think they can copy PlayStation on this one.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
On a second thought, all consoles should add the ability to add a keyboard and mouse. It still would be a very limited computing device, but why not? They already have the ability to browse the internet. Why not do it properly?

John Bauer

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013

It's actually pretty widely accepted that the Xbox 360 controller is the best controller ever made. It's only flaw is the D-pad.

meh

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004
You mean Microsoft with their infinite resources and the makers of Windows don't have the ability to have drivers ready for their own operating system at launch time? Yes, that totally makes sense...

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009

likely a marketing decision, to increase sales of Xbox Ones

xxAuroraxx

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
I've spent a small amount of time trying to use an HID driver to get the controller to work, to no avail. It will not install the Xbox 360 driver for the controller to work, either. Extracted it from the 360 controller app installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.