Xbox One Due Out November for $499

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
At this point it's PAPER WARS! Nothing Sony nor Microsoft says at the moment really matters. Lets wait and see what really happens at launch. and about the new APUs they are running. The APUs can share system memory and the system can share GDDR memory, The only point Sony gave was it had 8GB of video ram and Microsoft only pointed out how much system ram it had, which is also 8GB. We don't know how much GDDR video ram the Xbox has and We don't know how much DDR System ram the Sony PS4 has. Both consoles have the same APU but its up to Microsoft and Sony to finalize the base clocks of the GPU and CPUs. These 2 consoles are clones. Much like the Samsung S4 vs HTC one battle. So aggroboy you're at idiot.

soldier44

Honorable
May 30, 2013
I'll be too busy playing BF4 on the PC above 1080p anyway to care about the consoles. Sony's at least looks like something made this year but that ugly VCR looking box above is horrible and priced too high. Most will struggle to buy one this Christmas.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

The PS4 is using the 8GB of GDDR RAM for both system and V-RAM. and the Xbox is doing the same but with DDR3 RAM not GDDR the Xbox also has a small pool of ESRAM i think 32 MB.
The CPUs are clocked the same. and the PS4 GPU is slightly faster.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
1) Worse hardware (cheaper and slower memory => will slow down AMD's APU)
2) More restrictions ("calling home" every 24 hours, great
3) That was not enough, it's also more expensive

Looks like Microsoft is poised to take "epic.fail" title from Sony... =)

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
gszrme, the tech specs of both consoles have been available for quite some time. It might not be a good idea to call someone "at idiot" when you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Both systems have unified memory pools (they use the same memory for both the CPU and GPU). The Xbox One is using 8 gigs of DDR3 while Sony is using 8 gigs of GDDR5. Secondly, they are not using the exact same APU. The Xbox One has on die eDRAM while the PS4 does not. Meanwhile PS4 has additional compute units on the GPU side that the One is lacking. Plus they each likely have some custom logic for things like DRM.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
I have a feeling that gamers will punish MS for their drm policies while casual/average people will buy it at about the same rate as the PS4 which will most likely outsell the xbox1 by 100K so MS will have to bundle it with an ISP to reduce prices drastically.

melvis72

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
There is no win on specs when the systems are very similar to each other. Sony has no control over 3rd party games when it comes to used sales. Both systems are not worth the price. Best to wait and let all the I have to have it first fools deal with the issues and bug. Let the price drop and more titles come out first.

merikafyeah

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Only if those games were made by Sony:
http://consumerist.com/2013/06/11/as-expected-sony-backtracks-a-bit-on-restriction-free-games-for-ps4/

i am not surprised. after MS found that their audience keeps buying the most fail prone console in console history ( and yes they finally solved that problem after many revisions) they think the xbots will pay anything for the next one

i am not surprised. after MS found that their audience keeps buying the most fail prone console in console history ( and yes they finally solved that problem after many revisions) they think the xbots will pay anything for the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.