Xbox One May Be Getting Mouse Support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad Rose

Reputable
Apr 7, 2014
Broken game? How about Mortal Kombat X? Or Batman Arkham Knight?

PCs are far from always greener. apophis_dd stated that "Except that it's not being developed for a single architecture. It's being developed for two, three, four different platforms, unless the developer is too lazy and makes their game a console-specific exclusive." This is still much easier than multiple architectures for one platform.

Write a game for a Nvidia 980, it might not work on the 780; much less an AMD equivalent. Does the game need 4 dedicated cores? I guess Pentium and i3 users are out in the cold. 8 gigs of RAM or more needed? Not all PCs have that and studder as a result. It's the PC's greatest strength and biggest disadvantage- flexibility.

But as for adjusting the sensitivity on a gamepad maxed out to match the speed of a mouse, you lose precision big time. A mouse will be faster and/or more precise at the same time vs. any gamepad out there; and probably will be anytime in the near future. It's why RTS games do not translate well to console.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

well lets see here.
the forza series, i don't know which ones are bone exclusive.
ps4 there is bloodborne and if you rent it that 18whatever game that's 3 hours
nintendo you have a mario kart, you got the new mario games, splatoon and bayonetta 2, and i heard good things about hyrule warriors.

have to be honest, i dont get consoles till a few years after they are out just due to their not being worthwhile games in the first few years and this cycle i pretty much don't even pay attention to it, but that has to say something that i know more nintendo exclusive games than any other systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.