Review Xbox Series X Review: Game Pass to the Future

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
I find myself rather impressed, particularly after my (admittedly limited) experiences with the Xbox One, which seemed like it was engineered by the B team. Of course, even if I were in the market, a PS5 would end up in my living room. Because ecosystems. :-/ However, I can definitely see myself picking up one of the new controllers. Agreed on the batteries, though. WTH?

Re: share button as innovation, I'd argue the touch features on the DS4 were more clever. Too bad implementation was sporadic at best.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
USB-C is not that important ... it is the lack of Gen 2 USB3 ... Actually USB-C can break faster when used by kids.

But looking at the NVME slot , I dont think GEN2 USB3 is needed at all ... the only use of 10GB/s speed is the storage. so it is not a minus IMO

MorganPike

Prominent
Jan 8, 2020
"If you're a PC gamer looking for a console alongside it (which we suspect many of our readers are), the Series X makes a strong argument."

Considering how first party xbox games are all coming to PC as well as xbox in the future (as per MS) I don't see how the Series X makes a 'strong argument' for PC gamers. If you really are a PC gamer then you already have a capable rig and no need whatsoever for a Series X, and certainly not an S.

I'm actually pretty pleased over this because it means I -don't- need an xbox to play new exclusives. My PC and a PS5 and I'll be fully covered.

PC gamers should be thinking about putting that Series X money toward a 6800XT! :)

Last edited:

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
"If you're a PC gamer looking for a console alongside it (which we suspect many of our readers are), the Series X makes a strong argument."

Considering how first party xbox games are all coming to PC as well as xbox in the future (as per MS) I don't see how the Series X makes a 'strong argument' for PC gamers. If you really are a PC gamer then you already have a capable rig and no need whatsoever for a Series X, and certainly not an S.

I'm actually pretty pleased over this because it means I -don't- need an xbox to play new exclusives. My PC and a PS5 and I'll be fully covered.

PC gamers should be thinking about putting that Series X money toward a 6800XT! :)

Consoles today are gaming PCs ... Gone are the days where consoles were much inferior .

If you budget for a gaming PC is less than $1500 , Xbox Series X is the way to go. cheaper and easier and more optimized gaming.

it is just not worth all the money one puts on a gaming PC anymore. unless you are enthusiast who pay something like $2000 or $3000 for a gaming PC .. then yes you will see huge difference.