XBOX Wireless Adapter MN-740

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi.I am having an interesting problem. I own a PS2 for
starters, and I'm trying to get an online connection
through the XBOX Wireless Adapter. A friend of mine has
told me that it is actually is compatible with a PS2. The
problem I'm having is that the Adapter comes with a Setup
disk, which I need to install in order for the adapter to
see and establish a connection to my wireless router, but
I can't use it because I don't have an XBOX. Does anyone
know an alternative way for me to install the software
needed to get the XOX Adapter to work? If anyone has a
solution I would greatly appreciate it.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Dear Steve,

Quick answer => No. Barb Bowman (of Expert Zone)
explained to me last month that the Xbox adapter will
work with PS2, but you need to set it up on an Xbox first.

That's why I went out and bought a cheaper Linksys
802.11b game adapter (at CircuitCity or BestBuy, I can't
remeber which). I have to run my WiFi in mixed b/g mode,
but the cost and compatibility won me over.

In fact, I'm going to play a PS2 game online in just
about 10 minutes with some friends from out-of-state.

Good Luck!

As Ken said, the Xbox MN-740 needs to be programmed through the Xbox
Dashboard utility, with the device CD in the Xbox drive. After that, I can
be used elsewhere, but the first criteria is essential.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP