'XCOM 2' Launches Today, The Resistance Needs You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmeahole

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
I want to play on my couch not my desk, need xinput support!!!!!!

Same here! can't believe there is no controller support on a modern game! Especially one that worked so well with the first xcom!

realnoize

Honorable
Jan 5, 2015
The resistance needs me? Living in Canada, it costs $80 for the basic edition.
I guess the resistance will wait. Even if I'm a die-hard fan of the previous game.

Plus, no xinput support. This worked so well in the previous game, I'd even argue it worked better than kb+mouse (I play on my couch, not at my desk).

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Considering that the first XCOM had controller support, it is weird that XCOM 2 doesn't have that function.
I want to play on my couch not my desk, need xinput support!!!!!!

It supports the Steam controller: I guess Valve slid Firaxis some cash....

Same here! can't believe there is no controller support on a modern game! Especially one that worked so well with the first xcom!

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
Would like to see Tom's benchmarking analyze why the game's supposed install size is over 40GB. Is there a technical reason/limitation? Bad design? Intentional bloating to discourage pirating?

g-unit1111

Titan

Can't exactly use a keyboard and mouse on a couch can you? Although that does fall under a "first world problem". :lol:

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
I really don't understand the confused couch PC users.
I have been doing this... forever. I play all my games from the couch with my gaming PC, using my HDTV. Logictech wireless Keyboard, and mouse.
I don't understand the complaints.

2016-02-08%2016.45.04.jpg

H9wnqsjUTJ.jpg

https://yuq.me/users/36/068/H9wnqsjUTJ.jpg

I added a picture, don't know why it isn't showing...

g-unit1111

Titan

I know I'm about to conflict myself, but most hardcore gamers don't go for wireless peripherals. We generally prefer our mechanical keyboards and weighted mice. In that instance, most of the time it's not worth it to buy wireless peripherals because they generally have about the same consistency as an XBOX controller. There's some instances where a keyboard and mouse can't be used, but there's also some cases where a controller can't be used. Once you go mechanical it's pretty difficult to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.