Xeon x3230 50c idle temp

LegendJared

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
I have a small 9200c dell dimension and was wondering what i could do to get these temps down.. i dont know of any compaible cases for the mobo but i decided to see if any one knew of a compatible heat sink that was copper pipe that would fit in this case its real small if youneed pictures i can post them.

it's going to be a nightmare/ everything is proprietary. it's a proprietary btx case and the board has different wiring than standard cases. hate to say it but if you want to keep the machine pull the heat sink. clean it up. reapply new paste and reinstall the heat sink. figure out a way to get some air circulation through the case.

I would junk it. at this point in time I'm not sure if i could suggest scavenging parts ( cpu/ram for a new mobo if it would work ).

don't buy big name proprietary products. they always know better ways than the "norm" to make things. that way you have tom keep coming back to them fro repairs/parts.

if you're inventive maybe you can figure out a way for this to fit in some kind of custom box.......... wouldn't waste my time.

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
you could just try re-applying thermal paste with something decent, as already mentioned proprietary parts are a biatch to upgrade! ( id recommend gelid gc extreme, best paste ive used! and not hard to apply either :))

LegendJared

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

Im useing actice 5 sliver I have only one option atm and that is to get a sata y splitter cable then a sata y molex adapter then I'm geting a molex to 3 pin adapter just to mount a 60mm fan to the heat sink and a 30mm fan to the back side of the case it sounds rediculous but that 30mm fan will get the psu heat out of the system