XFX 7850 HDMI to HDMI Problems

cgross

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Hey everyone, first off this is my first build so go easy on me as I don't know much. Last night I built a gaming PC from the following components;
Biostar TA790 motherboard
AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition processor
Seagate Barracuda 1000gb hard drive
HEC Zephyr MX 750 power supply
(I forgot which brand, I have the box at home) 8gb RAM
XFX AMD Radeon HD 7850 video card

I got everything hooked together, fired it up, but couldn't get a display. The fan on the video card is going so I know its getting power and I know it's locked into the motherboard so I'm lost as to whats wrong. I'm using a HDMI-HDMI cable to attach it to HDTV and figured it may be that I need to have some driver downloaded to allow that connection. Is that accurate? Or even possible? What do I need to do to get it working? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Caleb

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Hello Caleb,

You shuold be able to get a signal at initial startup. Have you ever had a signal out of it? You can always contact XFX at xfxsupport.com with a support ticket for further assistance as well.

Have you tried plugging in the 6pin power connector?
Are you using any adapters?
Has it ever worked?
Have you tried any other video cards?
Have you tried it in any other computers?

cgross

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Never had a signal out of it, this was my first attempt at start-up :(.

If I'm not mistaken the only option with the XFX 7850 is the 6-pin, and I know it's getting power as the fan turns on on the card.
No, at least not that I know of. As I said though this is my first build so there might be something I missed.
It has never worked, yesterday was my only day working on it though.
No I haven't, I don't have any other cards to use though.
Again, no. This is my only PC

XFX_Support

Distinguished
Well, there are still alot of variables... here are my main concerns.

RAM
MOBO
GPU

i wouldnt rule out the PSU entirely, but its of less concern. Have you tried unplugging all of your peripherals? you dont need the disc drive, hdd, case features, or any extra items that you dont need.

Try to start the mobo with

1 stick of Ram
PSU
GPU
Mobo
CPU
HDMI cable, and Monitor.

Let us know what happens. If it still doesn't produce a signal, swap a ram stick to be sure.

XFX Support

cgross

Reputable
Mar 2, 2015
Alright so I tried to start it up with what you said, moved the one stick of ram, even moved the graphics card to another slot, and still nothing.