XFX ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB Max Temp

PreyTheSun

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
What is the max temp on full load that this graphics card can handle? Idle I have 35-40C, but at max I have 55-60C with a 35-40% manual fan speed. Is this safe and should I worry? It's been running like this for 4 years playing everything from Skyrim, to Batman Arkham City, always on full load. I just wanted to make sure that I don't burn it out. Thank you, :).

PreyTheSun

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
AlanWakeFan and Snipergod87, that's exactly what I wanted to hear, :D. Thanks so much for the input. You don't know how relived I am to know that it's not really being as stressed as I thought it was. Do you think the fan speed at 35-40% is good or should I up that? I don't want to burn the fans out, if anything. I think my CPU is around 45-51C as well. Is that cool enough for my CPU?

My CPU is an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 6-Core 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo.

I have NOTHING OCed b/c I never saw the need for it, as all of my games run fine on High/Ultra settings/load.

Thank again, guys! Made my whole day a lot better!

PreyTheSun

Reputable
Sep 5, 2014
Thanks again, AlanWakeFan. I'm just concerned about burning out the fans, but if you said they're good, then I trust that, :D. I guess I should leave the fan speed on automatic for the GPU, huh? I have it set to manual 35-40%, keeping the card at 55-60, max.