Question XFX RX 580 2048sp High temps? 75c-85c

Jul 24, 2024
Hey all, so recently I got my hands on an XFX RX 580 2048sp, it runs fine for most games as I don't really play that much AAA or graphically demanding games that much, but I've noticed that this card runs hot on more demanding games, averaging around 75-85,.

so far I haven't really went more than an hour with these temps as I immediately exit the game due to being anxious about those temperatures, I've repasted it with GC Gelid Extreme and the temps so far are still the same.

I've heard from others that this is normal with Polaris GPUs and the fact that my room has no windows and ambient temps hover around 28-31 degrees Celsius.

What I wanted to know is if this is just normal for this card and I am just being paranoid or there's something wrong with it.

PC specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
GPU: XFX RX 580 2048sp 8GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte A320M
RAM: 2x8GB 2666mhz
PSU: Acer AC650

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
Your temps are in range.
But since you don't know the history of the card i strongly advise you to repaste it as soon as possible.
If you don't feel comfortable with that take it to some1 who can do that.
You will see at least 5degrees improvement.
Your old paste does not act any longer as it should so ofc your temps are a bit higher then expected but non the less they are in range.