[SOLVED] XFX RX580 8GB - Black Screen Under Load, Requires a Fresh Driver Install After to Function

SomeNutMilk

Commendable
Apr 2, 2019
Specs:
GPU > XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1405 OC+ 8GB
MOBO > B450 Tomahawk (Pretty much every USB port is used on this thing)
CPU > Ryzen 7 3800X (Upgraded from a Ryzen 3 earlier this year)
PSU > Full Modular EVGA 550 Bronze Rated
RAM > Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x 2
Monitors > HP Pavilion 22bw + BenQ Zowie XL2411P

I've been running my own custom built PC with an XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1405 OC+ 8GB in addition to a bunch of other components for the past two years-- since February of 2019-- and I've come across a pretty big issue. There have been two instances up to this point where I've put the card under some duress and I've had to perform a hard restart and fresh install of the Radeon drivers.

This has happened when I attempted to stream two different graphically intensive games (one was a VR game, the other was PSO2NG) and both times, my graphics card froze up and displayed nothing but a black screen on both of my monitors and I had to force a hard restart. Upon reboot, my graphics card wouldn't even be read by my PC at all, using the onboard graphics, until I reinstalled the Radeon drivers, and only after that would it function. The first time I passed off, but it's a bit worrying that this isssue occurred a second time with me having to do the same thing twice. It might be worth repeating that this has only occurred when I tried to stream using my CPU to encode.

In addition (and I hope it's alright to ask this in the graphics card specific board while I'm here), there have been occasions where, while streaming, all of the USB ports connected to my motherboard have all simultaneously died, including my audio interface, webcam, controllers, m+kb, you name it.

I'm not sure what components of my PC in which this issue stems from. I can't be sure if it's because of the graphics card itself, or anything else-- maybe it's the PSU not supplying enough power? This issue mostly only started popping up after I connected a second monitor and installed the Ryzen 7, but then again, that's also when I started to attempt streaming more graphically intensive games. Could there potentially a setting in the Radeon hub that might solve my issues? I've run my graphics card at factory settings without any overclocking whatsoever. Hope you guys can give me a hand. Regards.

Solution
It is tough but the PSU comes under scrutiny first, then again it may be a mobo issue since all these ports disappear which again may be power issues.
Jul 30, 2021
i got this problem too, when intese grwphic is playing my temp isnstable and not overheat but its getting blackscreen with sound and when restart i must reinstall the driver again