Xiiaomi redmi 1s Hard brick

Peter Argir

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014
Hello
so,my problem is with my xiaomi redmi 1s which cant enter fastboot,nor recovery,no boot,black screen(completely) and the only sign of life is a red light for a brief second when i connect it to my pc and then it goes dark.
The problem happened when in a fresh installed rom(MIUI 7.5 i think)the phone stucked at a black screen(with light),after i closed an app and tried to return to the launcher and then i decided to power off the phone using the pwr off button.
The phone in general had problems in the past...bootloops,roms(i flashed different roms many times) having problems with constant google play services crashes 1 or 2 days after a fresh install,to the point i couldnt use the phone from the crashes.Even on the first boot of a new rom and the initial setup of the phone could not be completed (during google play account installation) because of the constant crashes.Literally a crash every second-maybe half a second.
My pc has all the adb drivers,usb drivers,device recognized as qualcomm hs usb 9008.Mi flash cannot even start the flashing process(i tried many roms),it stops after about 10 seconds with the error cannot receive hello packet or reached the end of file...The phone in the Mi flash is recognized as COM4 or COM3,depending on which usb port i connect the phone.Also,i used 2 versions of Mi flash an older one and the latest.
I suspect the fastboot-bootloader is corrupted and i need to install it from my pc(if its possible) and then install a recovery to finally install a rom and get it working.However,i obviously need help with that from someone more experienced.

I searched for a long time on various forums but couldnt find a solution.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Solution
Sounds like you need to replace the phone. You said you had issues for a while, even with flashing new ROM. At this point, I'd say you have failing hardware.

Peter Argir

Reputable
Apr 24, 2014

I suspected that...probably a failing motherboard.Unfortunately,i dont have any warranty so no free replacement for me.
I will purchase a new phone probably.

Thanks for your time!