Question XMP options not showing in BIOS, and RAM is set back to single channel mode ?

Jan 2, 2024
I have a budget gaming laptop with not a huge amount of performance but it gets the job of gaming done. Recently i have noticed frames stuttering and I am not getting the FPS I used to get.
So i checked with CPU Z and noticed my ram is set into single channel mode after resetting my laptop because it was filled with a lot of junk i didnt need and manually deleteing all of them seemed like way too much effort. The ram is clocking at correct speed of 2667MHz ( its a 3 year old laptop dont judge) but its set to single channel mode according to cpu z which i dont even know why it is happenning.
So I checked in my bios to see if anything happened with XMP options and noticed there were only 2 profiles: 'Default' and 'Custom'.
There was no XMP1 or XMP2 profiles which used to be there and i have no idea why.
I have done no manual upgrades in my ram and everything is stock.
NOTE: It used to be dual channel and the 2 XMP profiles where there before the reset.
Someone pls help as i want my frames back :(

Jan 2, 2024
The laptop is MSI GF63 thin 9SC.
Updating the bios to its latest version still didn't fix the that the ram is still running in single channel and there is still no XMP profiles in the dropdown menu.

Sorry for the late response as MSI's server had some issue which prevented me from downloading and the USA server didnt have the 9SC model.

TRENDING THREADS