Xotic PC Partners With Asus ROG On Exclusive 'REAPER' Custom Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
If anyone was considering building with that case not only would they be going for a red and black theme (aka every ROG product) then they probably don't mind dropping a few K's on just getting it built for them as IN-WIN's cable management in their open air cases are frustrating to deal with.

I think it would be nice to add more value to it by maybe creating a ROG LED SLI bridge (similar to the ones by Nvidia and EVGA) specifically for the REAPER and then later once its no longer being sold, you can just start selling the bridges individually and/or package them in with ROG cards and motherboards to add even more value to them.

M0j0jojo

Honorable
Lol, this does not look Child Friendly, This PC will probably look with this kind of room http://www.josemarcio.com/luxury-futuristic-living-room-design-with-red-flooring-x-with-interesting-decor/luxury-futuristic-living-room-design-with-red-flooring-x-with-interesting-decor-picture/

M0j0jojo

Honorable
Lol, this does not look Child Friendly, This PC will probably look good with this kind of room http://www.josemarcio.com/luxury-futuristic-living-room-design-with-red-flooring-x-with-interesting-decor/luxury-futuristic-living-room-design-with-red-flooring-x-with-interesting-decor-picture/

Bartisticone

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Exclusive? I been waiting on the S-Frame to hit the market since In-Win announced it. Not one single part is something I cannot buy and assemble myself, and since when is "powered by Asus" unique in a gaming PC? Just about every boutique manufacturer of PCs uses Asus boards. I remember when Velocity Micro used to buy them in lots of a thousand at a time. Also, another person here stated that the $1700 over cost of parts is "because of the one year warranty", which is 99% a cost they pass on to their parts suppliers. This is a ripoff, and likely a sponsored article... I could build you that exact machine, literally detail for detail, for about 60-70% of what they want for it. Xotic is doing nothing here but assembling parts for a 30-40% margin. What, they think they are Apple computer now? Hilarious.

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010

Xotic does not buy parts like you and I from the retail side that has a warranty. They usually get OEM versions....no consumer warranty, no fancy packaging, no extra cable adapters, no stickers, case badges and woot-woot posters. Xotic PC hires their own technicians and support people. They clearly stated....

"He went into the debate over purchasing a high-end machine versus building one yourself. Basically, when you purchase a gaming machine like the REAPER, you also get 24-hour USA-based technical support over the phone."

They are in the business of of selling a product(gaming pc) to customers that don't know or want to build their own...which is a majority of the pc consumer world.

Bartisticone

Reputable
Oct 24, 2014
Having worked for a boutique OEM, yep, that's not a consumer warranty. It's a better, OEM warranty, and the people buying those bulk purchases test every part on receipt of those bulk shipments, and the companies like Asus kiss their asses so they dont lose them to Gigabyte or MSI. Way faster than a typical RMA situation from a consumer or a small repair shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS