XP Group Policy?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I have a few XP boxes deployed already, and would like to
turn off the Desktop Cleanup function via Group Policy so
I don't have to remember to turn it off before I deploy
the workstation to the user.

Any idea how to configure that in a 2k domain?

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

In the GPO
User Configuration > Adminstrative Templates > Desktop > Remove The Desktop
Cleanup Wizard > Enable

Ensure that you have copied your .adm files from your XP workstation to your
Win2k server to apply these GPO settings.

Pete

"Ken" <kbrussel@trc.curtisswright.com> wrote in message
> I have a few XP boxes deployed already, and would like to
> turn off the Desktop Cleanup function via Group Policy so
> I don't have to remember to turn it off before I deploy
> the workstation to the user.
>
> Any idea how to configure that in a 2k domain?

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hey Pete-

I found the .adm files on an XP machine, but big question
is to where do I copy them on a DC? I should be
following mskb # 307900, right?

Thanks for the help

Ken

TRENDING THREADS