Question XP on server

Jun 14, 2021
I have a pentium 4 3.2ghz server a HP DL320 G2. 80GB IDE 4GB ram and an AMD PCI GPU. So I put an original XP 32bit home disc in on a USB dvd drive the system loads it, files are transfered then it says XP is loading but the system just freezes up, keyboard LEDs don't light up so I know this to be a hardware stall. I'm just wondering to anyone out there, is there a bios setting I'm missing.

kanewolf

Titan
I have a pentium 4 3.2ghz server a HP DL320 G2. 80GB IDE 4GB ram and an AMD PCI GPU. So I put an original XP 32bit home disc in on a USB dvd drive the system loads it, files are transfered then it says XP is loading but the system just freezes up, keyboard LEDs don't light up so I know this to be a hardware stall. I'm just wondering to anyone out there, is there a bios setting I'm missing.
Since it is a server, you may need to add the disk controller driver during the installation, or may have to slipstream it.

I did have a similar issue to this recently, and it ended up being that the disc I was using was problematic and I had to burn another.

However this also can be a disc drive issue, maybe it doesn't like that it is USB.

Can you use an ide drive internally, even if it's just dangling out of the case for a bit?