XP SATA driver for GA-X58A-UDR3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ompblus

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Hello,

I'm trying to install a new comp with a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UDR3 motherboard and an Intel i7-930 processor.
Can't find the right SATA Txtsetup.oem file XP is asking during the install, so the install fails.
Can anuone help?
Thanks.

ompblus

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Ok guys, managed to push the RAm to 1600Mhz by changing the System Memory Multiplier from AOTU to x12... PC booting fine. Now adding more HD... gonna need to figure the RAID... any advices...

ompblus

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010

They are CORSAIR CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 2Go x 4 - 1600 Mhz - 9-9-9-24 - 1.65V.
So what am I supposed to set up extra??
Which other BIOS info do you need to advise me?

I'm just trying to help you optimize your Advanced Timing Control settings in the BIOS. The 9-9-9-24 - 1.65V are basic settings. Your MOBO is oblivious of the correct or optimal settings of pretty much anything that is attached to it unless its programmed into the BIOS. Example, an new CPU comes out but imagine your MOBO/BIOS doesn't recognize it; how will it run? A new BIOS is the "fix."

The only problem is that I cannot find the advanced settings for your CMX8GX3M4A1600C9 therefore, if it is important to you then post the question - http://forum.corsair.com If you tested with Memtest86+ for 1-2 hours then you should be fine.

The advantages if your MOBO can recognize XMP memory is that the settings are all correctly set by the BIOS. Your memory won't be recognized so don't set the XMP in the BIOS - I checked; setting XMP will probably result in BSOD or post failure.

Good Luck!

Regarding the RAID - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/278015-30-mobo-ideal-sata-ports-settings-ports

Assuming, the RAID HDDs to be paired are within SATA2_0 - SATA2_3 ; BIOS:
1. Integrated Peripherals | ICH SATA Control Mode | change = RAID(XHD)
2. Save BIOS settings and restart
3. After the Logo Screen / POST memory tests ; press "Ctrl" and "I"
4. From the Menu select Create RAID Volume
5. Name the RAID (e.g. RAID) don't use special characters
6. Select - RAID Level
7. Select - Disks ; select the HDDs to be paired
8. Strip sizes {RAID 0 = 128KB; RAID 1 = N/A}
9. Press Enter to create volume, and Y to save.

I recommend that you obtain and have ready the latest drivers from either Gigabyte and or Intel.