Question XPG Core Reactor 750W PSU - How many GPUs supports (single-cable)?

Jan 28, 2022
Hi all, could you please help me out with this question?

PSU XPG Core Reactor 750W has 5 ports marked as "CPU & VGA"... so, how many GPUs can I connect to this PSU? considering single cables (no daisy chained).

More specific is, can I connect 2x3070Ti Gygabye GPU (they have 2x8-pin connector each so 4 of them would be used) at the same time to this PSU.. no other components connected at all

As I mentioned, I don't need any other component (no MB, no CPU, no HDs, just the GPUs and maybe molex-raisers)

Thanks
Alex

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wouldn't run 2xRTX3070Ti's with that PSU...rather get a 1KW PSU to power those two GPU's. In fact you won't be able to get SLI with those two cards mind you since Nvidia have removed support for them on anything below an RTX3090.

Reactions: AlexGarcia00
Jan 28, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wouldn't run 2xRTX3070Ti's with that PSU...rather get a 1KW PSU to power those two GPU's. In fact you won't be able to get SLI with those two cards mind you since Nvidia have removed support for them on anything below an RTX3090.
:) indeed my very first post, so thanks for the answer, and please be gentle haha I'm not an expert, I'm just doing some tests and trying to learn a little bit on mining...

BTW, this is for mining, and as you mention, maybe 750W won't be enough for 2x3070tis or maybe it is, I won't connect any other thing at all there just the 2 cards, one of the 3070ti is consuming 288W (let's say 300W) x 2 = 600W = 80% load...

Does this make some sense? or my numbers/logic are nonsense??

Thanks again