Question XPG GAMMIX D35 vs. Apacer NOX

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
my tight budget build will have R5-3600 + either A520M or B450
are these 50USD RAMs compatible with this build and will work well, which one to get, thanks.
- XPG GAMMIX D35 16GB (8GB x 2) 3200MHz DDR4
- Apacer NOX 16Go (2x 8Go) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4

goaw.jpg

l400.jpg

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
They are both the same sticks of ram, only difference is their aesthetics and branding.

You've been saying tight budget for a long while...across multiple threads. You might want to do you brother's build some justice and look at a dual channel DDR4-3600Mhz ram kit.

You generically mentioned the chipset of the boards, you should specify the board you're look at. In fact in 2024, you shouldn't be on a B450 chipset. Get a B550 chipset, migrate to Ryzen 5000 and lastly DDR4-3600MHz rams. Tight latencies will help give your platform a boost in gaming.

If you do the math, you spend more on your upgrades after making mistakes with the build than you do if you built the system right at first go.

Reactions: ismmostaar1

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
They are both the same sticks of ram, only difference is their aesthetics and branding.

You've been saying tight budget for a long while...across multiple threads. You might want to do you brother's build some justice and look at a dual channel DDR4-3600Mhz ram kit.

You generically mentioned the chipset of the boards, you should specify the board you're look at. In fact in 2024, you shouldn't be on a B450 chipset. Get a B550 chipset, migrate to Ryzen 5000 and lastly DDR4-3600MHz rams. Tight latencies will help give your platform a boost in gaming.

If you do the math, you spend more on your upgrades after making mistakes with the build than you do if you built the system right at first go.
this my friend is exactly why i have been using the term "tight budget build", so users don't go suggesting components that costs more like you just did, it's easy to say that R5000 is better than R3000 when you don't live in my shoes, as someone coming from a 1st gen i7 I'm happy that i can finally afford moving from my old HP desktop, knowing that gaming is not my main goal here as there's very few titles that I'm interested in (mostly sport games) , and trust me i can run them just fine at 1080p on my old HP paired with a GTX 1050 ti, i just want a modern system with more cores so i can learn some photo & video editing, besides i have been a member here for 6 years and have never being judged before, i think i have the right to make use of these awesome forums and ask about as many components i'm interested in, it can't hurt to learn a thing or two, and believe me when i tell you that i get more informative here than i do with my local online stores customer service.

Last edited:

ismmostaar1

Honorable
May 28, 2018
UPDATE:
I end up going with the XPG GAMMIX D35, and i'm glad i did because they are so short in height and barely fits with the CPU cooler, i have a small case the cooler is only 13.6cm and there is only 1-2mm between the ram stick and the cooler fan.

note: if you encounter PC crushing when overclocking this RAM to 3200mhz using XMP profile, try to not increase the voltage by setting it to its default value.