[SOLVED] XPG SX8100 vs Gammix S11 Pro vs Rocket Q - Which one is best?

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
OK. So I've been digging into specs and reviews and benchmarks, and can't quite come to a conclusion as to the overall best choice.

Right now the following NVME PCIe x4 SSD's are available for the same price of $250 for 2TB models.

They are:
Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB
ADATA XPG 8100 2TB
ADATA XPG Gammix S11 Pro 2TB

Please let me know which one is best overall and why.

I am aware that there are differences between them in terms of DRAM, and also QLC vs TLC and things like endurance and speed drop off once you've exhausted the cache.

So please let me know some detailed comparisons/reasons for why one is the better choice so that I can further educate myself on these sorts of things.

Solution
Pros of Sabrent:
Write speeds (2900 MB/s)
Decent Read speeds (3200 MB/s)
DDR4 DRAM Cache
Way Higher IOPS (Read/Write) 255000/670000 (IOPS is input-output-operations-per-second meaning it runs and does things faster)
94L QLC (Quad layer cell I believe, more memory per volume)

Cons:
Nothing as of that I know

Pros of XPG 8100:
Best Write speeds (3600 MB/s)
64TLC (Triple layer cell)

Cons:
low write speeds of 1900MB/s
I couldn't find what DRAM it uses but ADATA uses DDR3L for most of their products which is inferior to DDR4 DRAM
Very low IOPS for a 2TB Model (290000/240000)

Pros of XPG Gaming X11:
Longest TBW (Lasts the longest)
A Good Write speed (3500 MB/s)
Good IOPS...

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
Pros of Sabrent:
Write speeds (2900 MB/s)
DDR4 DRAM Cache
Way Higher IOPS (Read/Write) 255000/670000 (IOPS is input-output-operations-per-second meaning it runs and does things faster)

Cons:

Pros of XPG 8100:

Cons:
I couldn't find what DRAM it uses but ADATA uses DDR3L for most of their products which is inferior to DDR4 DRAM

Pros of XPG Gaming X11:
Good IOPS (390000/380000)
64TLC

Cons:
DDR3L DRAM

Ok now the textual analysis. Ill rank these in order by S11 in first, Sabrent in Second and XPG 8100 in last for reasons showed by my "graph." The X11 had very impressive reads and write speeds, Very high IOPS despite being second which is made up for in the huge r/w speed gap. (Sort of like AMDs IPC gains over intels raw clock speeds. However the ADATA company seems to use DDR3L which despite working similar to ddr4, its inferior due to latencies and actual speeds. But this can be cast aside considering they are just milliseconds of lag you will never feel. The S11 also has the longest lasing TBW at 640 meaning the unit has high endurance (Lasts longest). The TLC and QLC are Tri layer cell and Quad layer cell. It's a very elaborate thing but the TLDR of it is more memory per volume (Look up a video honestly it would take me a while to explain).
Here is this link for it if you are interested:
https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/06/...-best-memory-technology-for-your-application/

TL:DR of it is:

1. S11 because fastest and longest lasting
  2. Sabrent Not as fast but better IOPS w/ DDR4 dram
  3. 8100 Because slowest iops and read/write and shortest life span.

Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Pros of Sabrent:
Write speeds (2900 MB/s)
DDR4 DRAM Cache

Cons:

Pros of XPG 8100:

Cons:

Pros of XPG Gaming X11:
Good IOPS (390000/380000)
64TLC

Cons:
DDR3L DRAM

Ok now the textual analysis. Ill rank these in order by S11 in first, Sabrent in Second and XPG 8100 in last for reasons showed by my "graph." The X11 had very impressive reads and write speeds, Very high IOPS despite being second which is made up for in the huge r/w speed gap. (Sort of like AMDs IPC gains over intels raw clock speeds. However the ADATA company seems to use DDR3L which despite working similar to ddr4, its inferior due to latencies and actual speeds. But this can be cast aside considering they are just milliseconds of lag you will never feel. The S11 also has the longest lasing TBW at 640 meaning the unit has high endurance (Lasts longest). The TLC and QLC are Tri layer cell and Quad layer cell. It's a very elaborate thing but the TLDR of it is more memory per volume (Look up a video honestly it would take me a while to explain).
Here is this link for it if you are interested:
https://venturebeat.com/2019/12/06/...-best-memory-technology-for-your-application/

TL:DR of it is:

1. S11 because fastest and longest lasting
  2. Sabrent Not as fast but better IOPS w/ DDR4 dram
  3. 8100 Because slowest iops and read/write and shortest life span.
I see, so overall the S11 Pro is the best option with it being discounted to the same price as the other two right now.

Also, I noticed in your TLDR you called it the S11 but in your info above you called it the Gaming X11 when it is the Gammix S11, don't know if this is a typo, or if there is a drive by them with that naming and you have provided different info on a different drive.

EyyMunchian

Honorable
Dec 28, 2016
I see, so overall the S11 Pro is the best option with it being discounted to the same price as the other two right now.

Also, I noticed in your TLDR you called it the S11 but in your info above you called it the Gaming X11 when it is the Gammix S11, don't know if this is a typo, or if there is a drive by them with that naming and you have provided different info on a different drive.
Yea it was a typo my bad. I mean S11, not X11. Anyways if I helped you make sure to hit the Best answer option.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Yea it was a typo my bad. I mean S11, not X11. Anyways if I helped you make sure to hit the Best answer option.
yeah, as you said, overall the difference in the generation of the DRAM is negligible.
And overall, the S11 has the highest performance and durability for writes.
And I am to assume it has plentiful DRAM cache that won't be lesser than the other two options.

And with it being discounted to the same price as the other two it seems like a no brainer to get the S11.

Thanks for the info and feedback, it's what I was looking for.

And I am aware of how to give best answer lol (in case you hadn't noticed my user stats and my signature XD)