Question XPS 9560 Bluetooth keeps disconnecting whilst gaming

Sep 5, 2020
Hi, I've been racking my brains trying to come to a logical conclusion for this issue but I'm completely baffled. I use a Dualshock 4 for some light gaming from time to time, through Steam and on some emulators, but as soon as a game boots up the controller disconnects from Bluetooth. I have no problem connecting to Bluetooth and my laptop recognising the controller, but it appears as soon as I load up a game it just decides to disconnect. Plugging in via USB works absolutely fine but I really would like to use the Bluetooth.

Using Steam's native DS4 support it disconnects the Bluetooth pretty much as soon as a game is loaded, even with third-party software like DS4Windows it does the same, showing that games are causing huge latency spikes. I've tried without playing a game through Steam or using DS4Windows on a couple of emulators and weirdly it works absolutely fine on Bluetooth. I've gone through device manager and made sure I've unchecked the box which allows power management to turn off Bluetooth HID devices and that didn't do anything.

I'm completely lost on what to do here, any help would be hugely appreciated!

For reference, my Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth driver version is 10.0.0.916. I've made sure I've updated to the latest version of Windows 10, updated BIOS and chipset at this time of writing.

Sep 5, 2020
Yeah sure! Apologies for not including the specs in the first place.

CPU: i7 7700HQ
Motherboard: Not sure, where can I find the spec on the motherboard?
Ram: 16gb DDR4
SSD/HDD: Sabrent 2tb NVME m.2
GPU: GTX 1050 4gb
PSU: 130W AC Charger

My PSU is about 3 years old, the same that I had when I purchased the laptop. BIOS version is 1.19.2