[SOLVED] Xubuntu 14.04 login screen will not change to set wallpaper desktop

supermanu15

Distinguished
I recently installed Xubuntu 14.04 on my dell inspiron 1525.

When I log out of the user it usually displays the wallpaper for that user, it just reverts to that old blue default wallpaper for xubuntu, when I created another account(standard desktop user) and chose a wallpaper for it, when I log out the wallpaper for the login screen becomes the wallpaper I chose for that user :/

So I want to ask the community how to set the wallpaper background of the login screen to match the user chosen on login screen e.g. when selecting user1 on the login screen, user1's wallpaper is displayed, when user2 is chosen, user2's wallpaper is chosen and so on.

Thanks in advance! :)

Timn

Reputable
Sep 21, 2014
Did you select the option to encrypt your home directory during installation? If so, it will not unlock until after you log in so your log in screen won't change. I create a folder in /usr/local/share called Pictures (can be anything you want) and copy my wallpapers and user avatars to it. Then just point everything to there and everything should work!

supermanu15

Distinguished

I don't recall :/ but I had an issue with the status bar being too thick so it covered the entire screen because I messed around with it so what I did is I made a new admin user and deleted the 1st admin user. The 1st admin user did not have the same problem though