News Y2K20? A Few Systems Aren't Handling the New Year Very Well

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
A very large hospital/health care software suite is experiencing this too. Mckesson system's used for many in hospital procedures is having date issues. We found this out the hard way on 1/2/20 where I work...

Why do people continually downplay the issue of Y2K?
Programmers like myself spent hundreds of hours in 1999 fixing "bugs" in programs and systems that would have impacted thousands of people.
The Canadian government alone spent millions of person-hours reprogramming their payroll systems so that employees would be paid normally once the millennial clock ticked over.
And NASA wouldn't even fly a shuttle or even have one in orbit during the rollover.
Y2K not noticed? Why? Because we did such a good job.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Programmers like myself spent hundreds of hours in 1999 fixing "bugs" in programs and systems that would have impacted thousands of people.
The Canadian government alone spent millions of person-hours reprogramming their payroll systems so that employees would be paid normally once the millennial clock ticked over.
And NASA wouldn't even fly a shuttle or even have one in orbit during the rollover.
🍪

USAFRet

Titan
We started testing and fixing in '95 or so.
I personally fixed or replaced several applications that were tested to fail.