Yahoo Users Hacked Through Unpatched Flash Vulnerabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how much it helps me ,but flash is one of the first things I remove / uninstall/ deleat from my os's . now a days html5 seems to have me covered , and if not I guess I did not need to see it anyway... [plus no flash ads cause flash not found ]

of course if they hack html5 now I see that can be a big issue

ralanahm

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
I am not sure what is meant by "(assuming the user is on a Standard account and not an Administrator one" I thought standard was safer. Is this a special malware or was the wording reversed?

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
I am not sure what is meant by "(assuming the user is on a Standard account and not an Administrator one" I thought standard was safer. Is this a special malware or was the wording reversed?

Read the whole paragraph. The logic is correct, but I had to read it a couple of times...so it probably could have been written more clearly.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012
When is Google and Mozilla going to kill flash once and for all?
Just publish an end of support date. After that day Flash will no longer work in Chrome or Firefox.

It's not like people are going to go back to IE.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
How malvertising manages to get through?
Aren't 'they' trying to put https by default everywhere, so every one on the web is identified with a real person outside, and advertisers have a way to get infected but no consequences to any real person for the vulnerabilities or intentionalities?

Status
Not open for further replies.