Question Year Long Computer Stutter, Out of Ideas

Jun 28, 2020
Hello! Sorry I've never posted here before, but I just don't know what else to do. My computer has been experiencing full system stutters for over a year now. I've been slowly saving up money and replacing hardware all this time constantly thinking it's a hardware issue and now I've replaced pretty much every piece and it is still present.

The issue: massive frame drop and stutter while gaming, while not gaming, online or offline, streaming or otherwise.

Examples:

1. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664137572

2. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664141629

3. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/664147458

On the software side I've reinstalled windows, updated drivers, updated firmware, disabled any services I could find with telemetry, disabled armoury crate, etc. It's a new hard drive with a new windows install and it still persists.

Hardware side; I've replaced my motherboard, my cpu, my gpu, my ram, added water cooling, new hard drive with fresh install, and recently I plugged my roommates power supply up instead and that also didn't fix it.

I don't even know who to go to or what to test anymore. Please someone help me, how do I proceed?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Specs:
Summary
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 9
RAM
32.0GB
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING (AM4) 37 °C
Graphics
Q27G1WG4 (2560x1440@59Hz)
E275W-1920 (1920x1080@60Hz)
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (Gigabyte) 56 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA ) 27 °C
745GB INTEL SSDSC2BB800G7 (SATA (SSD)) 25 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2G0A-00JH30 (SATA (SSD)) 28 °C
232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD)) 26 °C
232GB Western Digital WDS250G3X0C-00SJG0 (Unknown (SSD))
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Computer type: Desktop
Installation Date: 6/21/2020 10:31:47 AM

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full hardware specs and Windows 10 version.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%) they are being used, and lastly, what is using the resource.

And while in Task Manager, check the Startup tab. Look for any unrecognized programs being launched and google as necessary to determine what they are and what they do.

Jun 28, 2020
Update your post to include full hardware specs and Windows 10 version.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%) they are being used, and lastly, what is using the resource.

And while in Task Manager, check the Startup tab. Look for any unrecognized programs being launched and google as necessary to determine what they are and what they do.

Hey, thanks for replying! I have updated with my specs as you asked. I have already checked and disabled start up programs and played with resource monitor and not noticed anything really significant or spiking. I can make a clip for you perhaps tonight after work with my resource monitor up!