[SOLVED] Yellow light on MOBO, no display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2019
So, i just finished putting everything in to the motherboard, this is my first ever build, so I expected problems, but there's a little yellow light on it indicating something wrong with the RAM. I'm using a ROG Strix B450-f, and 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb RAM sticks. I've looked at similar posts, and I don't really know what the problem may actually be. The manual for the motherboard says it's the RAM, but i've almost tried everything, and after posting this i will try a few other solutions that I haven't tried yet.

Everything in this is also brand new, right out of the box, so i doubt anything is dead or fried

Solution
it does not! Honestly, I should have figured that out sooner to be honest...i'll check with local shops out here to see if there's anything they can possibly try to help with updating it
I looked up your MOBO and it does say it is Ryzen 3000 compatible. You most likely just need to update the BIOS like most 400 series AMD MOBOs do to use Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

Here is a link to the BIOS download page for your MOBO based on the info you gave earlier. I cant guide you through the update process step by step since every MOBO is different but find some short YouTube videos and you'll be able to figure it out fairly easily. If you can do the download on another computer to a Flash drive you wont have to change out the CPU on your MOBO...
Oct 25, 2019
Did box motherboard came in have "Ryzen 3000 desktop ready" sticker on it? If not, you may need to update BIOS to version 2301 with a different CPU.
it does not! Honestly, I should have figured that out sooner to be honest...i'll check with local shops out here to see if there's anything they can possibly try to help with updating it

cruz gomez

Honorable
Dec 30, 2014
I looked up your MOBO and it does say it is Ryzen 3000 compatible. You most likely just need to update the BIOS like most 400 series AMD MOBOs do to use Ryzen 3000 CPUs.

Here is a link to the BIOS download page for your MOBO based on the info you gave earlier. I cant guide you through the update process step by step since every MOBO is different but find some short YouTube videos and you'll be able to figure it out fairly easily. If you can do the download on another computer to a Flash drive you wont have to change out the CPU on your MOBO.
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.