YELLOW / ORANGE SCREEN OF DEATH WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR minidump included

Oct 21, 2018
So I got this problem where I get a yellow screen of death while gaming. It has happened before but what I do is update the drivers and it workds fie afterward but recently I repasted my laptop and it keeps on happening when Im gaming
eco1kWA.jpg

here are my mini dumps as I've read these are the important ones to diagnose the probem
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZQUqlmpQ3wVrT5mY-8jt7b4NJZcVZKg6

Solution
Solved the problem. It was the repasting I had done. I applied too little that's why my cpu and gpu were overheating hence the yellow screen of death. Thank you everyone for your answer

Colif

Win 11 Master
repasted laptop?

YSOD are graphics card errors
Try doing this - http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/perform-clean-install-video-card-drivers.html run DDU and install new drivers from either AMD or NVIDIA, or if that is who you got last ones off, run Windows Update and let windows find drivers for your card.

WHEA - Windows Hardware error Architecture. Errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
Can be caused by overclocking software
Is laptop overclocked?
Overheating can also be a cause.

I can't read dump files but I will ask someone else to look at this unless Johnbl beats him to it.

Oct 21, 2018

Hi! Thanks for the fast response. I recently repasted the cpu and gpu with a thermal paste. Maybe I put too little or too much paste? Laptop is not overclocked but I was using throttlestop before for undervolting. I already reset the bios using the F9 technique but still the problem persists.

I'll try the DDU first and install te new driver. My question though is do I install the driver in safe mode as well or in normal boot?

Colif

Win 11 Master
You can't install drivers in safe mode so you run ddu in safe mode and then boot into windows to do rest.

I would download HWINFO64
when you start it, choose sensors only
click on the button to right of the clock which says logging start
it will let you save a log file under whatever name is most logical (like the date is good) and it will record the scores for all the sensors in the PC.
Then go and play a game and when it crashes, on the next restart, look at the results of the log and see if you overheated at any stage. Can also upload it to a file sharing web site and show links here.

Oct 21, 2018

I think it has something do with overheating and the repasting I've done. hwinfo is saying my cpu and gpu is reaching max 97c and 90c respectivley but it's still not crashing yet

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://pste.eu/p/y1JP.html

File: 102118-12828-01.dmp (Oct 21 2018 - 05:20:18)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: BlackOps4.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 08 Min(s), and 36 Sec(s)

File: 102118-12781-01.dmp (Oct 21 2018 - 05:50:30)
Probably caused by: GenuineIntel (Process: AliIMSafeUI.ex)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 23 Min(s), and 25 Sec(s)

File: 102118-12484-01.dmp (Oct 21 2018 - 07:39:14)
Probably caused by: GenuineIntel (Process: BlackOps4.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 41 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

I can't help you with this. Wait for additional replies. Good luck.

Oct 21, 2018
Solved the problem. It was the repasting I had done. I applied too little that's why my cpu and gpu were overheating hence the yellow screen of death. Thank you everyone for your answer

Solution