Yellow tint on screen goes in and out.... mostly always yellow

k_bo

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Its weird. At first I thought it was my tv going out, its an older Philips ( Philips 55" Flat screen "TV" I have my desktop plunged into via HDMI), but now I'm not sure if its my GPU. .It started turning to a yellow tint a few months ago. Here's what it does...

-Screen will be normal until I get to the login screen

-When I had a full-screen game going, I would Alt+Tab in and out of the game a few time and It would fix the color, now it doesn't work

-hooked up my PC to my buddy's flat screed TV, yellow tint as normal.

-If I pull the GPU out and use onboard graphics, normal. I surfed the web 10-15 min and good

-Here's the fun one: When on this website, there where big links that when I scroll over, it changes the link button orange. When that orange pops up, it really messes with the color. Then I pull the mouse away, it goes to "normal" yellow tint. I recorded it (WIN+G) and moved the video to my phone but the recording looked normal (recording looked bad on my tv).

Sorry for the long post. Thanks in advanced for any help

AMD FX-8370
GTX 1060 3gb

general.zero360

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

Is your mouse pointer also yellow tint? and also did you try other cables like vga and dvi?

k_bo

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017

The mouse pointer seems normal i guess. Hard to tell if it has the yellow tint or not. Its whiter then say a plank white canvas in MS Paint. And yes I tried a different HDMI cable.

But i have a new one. It could be tied to my MS account. I made a new account on my pc and when logged into it, normal white. When I switch over my my main account, back to yellow tint. But then why would it be white while connected to my onboard graphics?

I checked the color setting with both Windows and GeForce Experence without luck. I'm going in circles.

general.zero360

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

how about your night light? it might be turned on.

k_bo

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017

Nitght light is off. Also the yellow tint is in any application Im running. Chrome, Game, ect

general.zero360

Prominent
Sep 29, 2017

it might be the gpu but check everything else first, if your tv supports a dvi or vga try it with those if it still doesn't work try cleaning your gpu's cooling system. I have experience this once but it was solved by changing the cables, I'm not about yours though.

k_bo

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017

It's looking like it's the account. I made a new local account and the problem is gone. When switching back and forth between the two accounts, the problem only exists on my original MS Administrator account.

As far as what is going on with the account that making the color do that, idk.