Question Yet Another "Good Monitor to Buy" - My First Dual Screen!

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Hello.

Looking to buy two new monitors to have as dual screens as while I may use one a lot of the time, there are certain situations where dual would be much easier / better.

Currently have a:
LG 23MP68VQ 23-Inch IPS Cinema Screen Monitor

Here's the deets:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
UK

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor?
Just general web browsing, watching YouTube, photo editing (not pro), a little bit of gaming (but nothing amazing, Zoo Tycoon, The Sims maybe).

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
Don't know. My current is 23" 1080 x 1920, so something similar will probably be fine.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
Don't know. To be honest, I don't know how it affects anything. I'm currently 60Hz

5. How much are you looking to spend?
Maybe up to £250. Current monitor cost me £116 so around that per one I guess.

6. Brands Preferred
Don't mind. I like recognised brands such as LG, Samsung but don't want to spend more just for the name.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
Yes, I'd want two the same.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum?
I don't know. I have a Radeon RX 580. It has space for 4 HDMI outputs but I'd only need two.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To.
HDMI

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
One primary, one secondary.

The only thing I don't like about my current monitor is that when I want to turn it off, I have to push and hold the on/off/menu button for about 5/6 seconds before it turns off. If I shut down the PC, because there's still output from the PC, I can click the on/off/menu button and choose "off" but when sleeping the system, the monitor seems to know there's no output and thus doesn't show the menu until the PC has actually turned off, hence having to push and hold.

It'll also be on an arm stand thing, so the stand that comes with the monitor is irrelevant.

Cheers for the recommendations!

Hello.

Looking to buy two new monitors to have as dual screens as while I may use one a lot of the time, there are certain situations where dual would be much easier / better.

Currently have a:
LG 23MP68VQ 23-Inch IPS Cinema Screen Monitor

Here's the deets:

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
UK

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor?
Just general web browsing, watching YouTube, photo editing (not pro), a little bit of gaming (but nothing amazing, Zoo Tycoon, The Sims maybe).

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
Don't know. My current is 23" 1080 x 1920, so something similar will probably be fine.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 hz , 70 hz.)
Don't know. To be honest, I don't know how it affects anything. I'm currently 60Hz

5. How much are you looking to spend?
Maybe up to £250. Current monitor cost me £116 so around that per one I guess.

6. Brands Preferred
Don't mind. I like recognised brands such as LG, Samsung but don't want to spend more just for the name.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
Yes, I'd want two the same.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum?
I don't know. I have a Radeon RX 580. It has space for 4 HDMI outputs but I'd only need two.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To.
HDMI

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
One primary, one secondary.

The only thing I don't like about my current monitor is that when I want to turn it off, I have to push and hold the on/off/menu button for about 5/6 seconds before it turns off. If I shut down the PC, because there's still output from the PC, I can click the on/off/menu button and choose "off" but when sleeping the system, the monitor seems to know there's no output and thus doesn't show the menu until the PC has actually turned off, hence having to push and hold.

It'll also be on an arm stand thing, so the stand that comes with the monitor is irrelevant.

Cheers for the recommendations!

Are you certain about four HDMI ports? Most GPU are something like one HDMI and three DisplayPort. There are some with more HDMI. DisplayPort looks similar to HDMI. So, it is easy to confuse the two. I just want to verify before making a recommendation.

Last edited:

Oasis Curator

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Are you certain about four HDMI ports? Most GPU are something like one HDMI and three DisplayPort. There are some with more HDMI. DisplayPort looks similar to HDMI. So, it is easy to confuse the two. I just want to verify before making a recommendation.
Ah ha, yeah, I just took a quick look.
I think the others are DPs.