News YMTC Chairman Asks Suppliers to Buy Back Fab Tools

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Chen believes that globalization is dead and that government interventions and that existing rules and past balances are now broken.
Ah, the fabled "rules-based order". For that to be sustainable and there to actually be balances, everyone needs to play by the rules.

On the flip side, there need to be consequences for breaking the rules. Yet, WTO court rulings have been flouted time and again. Something had to give.

I actually have some sympathy for him, but all countries need to demonstrate a willingness and a commitment to play by the rules. That's something he can't do anything about, but it's a prerequisite for the obstacles in his path to get removed.

I_Got_Crabs

Prominent
Feb 1, 2022
I read your review. I appreciate your labor but the topic sentences to your paragraphs contain "got" way to much. Your writing degrades the quality of the translation which, I add, would not be possible without you. Keep it up but write with topic sentences that can develop the paragraph. Unfortunately, using the word got often detracts from the quality of the reporting.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
the topic sentences to your paragraphs contain "got" way to much.
In this article, I only see 3 instances. Two of them are repetitions of essentially the same phrase, which I'd agree could've been improved.

Interestingly, I'd never noticed anyone overusing the word "got", but now you've probably sensitized me to it.
: /

P.S. Good luck with your crabs situation.

Speeddymon

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
I read your review. I appreciate your labor but the topic sentences to your paragraphs contain "got" way to much. Your writing degrades the quality of the translation which, I add, would not be possible without you. Keep it up but write with topic sentences that can develop the paragraph. Unfortunately, using the word got often detracts from the quality of the reporting.
Nice catch. I'd even go as far as to say that all of the sentences with the word "got" in them are simply poorly worded. I'm not trying to tear the guy down, but just providing constructive feedback.

Now for the constructive part:
"[...] Chinese 3D NAND champion Yangtze Memory Technologies (YMTC) that got into the U.S. trade blacklist late last year" could be reworded "[...] Chinese 3D NAND champion Yangtze Memory Technologies (YMTC) which was added to the U.S. trade blacklist late last year", for example.