You Can Pre-Order Boutique Systems With AMD's Threadripper Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I've decided to wait and see user game bench marks on 4790k @ 4.7ghz and 2800mhz ddr3 with rx vega HUGE. Before I decide to wait for navi or volta.

I realize not everyone buys a 1080 ti for every build.

I figured most anyone who wanted a 1080 would go with the Ti model and those that could not afford would go with the 1070 or lower.

DerekA_C

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

I agree with this statement but really as more systems become mini ITX there really is only one smart option at any given time. That is without a doubt the fastest and they will upgrade every few years not every year. Saving up for it isn't that hard really. I was taught a trick if you want something bad enough you will setup a monthly savings plan for it, and add a little extra each month just for inflation and or to roll it over to the next upgrade. Humans in general indulge on many different types of things that are kind of wasteful with their money cigarettes, alcohol, junk food just to name a few that are actually toxic, but hey whatever their choice. Also, if there is a way to pay your bills in a form of bi annually or annually use the same principle and you will save yourself a ton of money. Learned this from a financial advisor for rich people in my area. So far I have gone from renting to owning a home, new car, two daughters and never behind on a single bill within 5 years of this advice.

dusty13

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
up to now i have only seen one omen (dell) system with ryzen cpu's after over 6 months of the cpu being out and massive consumer interest it is dead quiet on the big manufactureres front ...

now threadripper is out and for workstation we also only see relatively small companies offering rigs with it.

is intel up to its old tricks again? MOAP v2 shoveling out the billions to Dell/HP/Lenovo to keep AMD off the mainstream like last time with athlon/64/II?

Status
Not open for further replies.