You Can Use A Kinect For Full Body Tracking In SteamVR; Here’s How

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Honestly they should have struck a deal with MS to use Kinect or licensed the tech to build their own. I mean three trackers is what, $300? Also kind of annoying to have to use three of em.

alextheblue

Distinguished

LOL I remember that. Yeah it was a hilarious video but to be fair it was pre-release. That was back when it was Project Natal. At least it was a real live demo and not fake/staged/woodscrews. With that being said the first-gen Kinect combined with the limited horsepower of the 360 is a lot less impressive than a Kinect and a PC. Or better yet a second gen Kinect and a PC or even XB1. Either way what devs have been able to do with it is pretty impressive.

As I've said before this is the perfect device for a dynamic chaperone system. One that can detect objects in the "play field" and show them to the user. The Kinect could easily detect when your pet walks up behind you or any other dynamic change to the play environment. You could move a chair around the play field without a tracker and having to code in everything about that chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.