Your Honeycomb Tablet Has a Gingerbread UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Sort of like using a wire hanger to fix a broken rabbit ear antenna on an old TV set.

G

Didn't everyone know this? We found out on the modaco blade forums as soon as someone got a bootable honeycomb working.

G

I also noticed that NOTHING worked well while it was in "gingerbread UI" mode. Btw I don't think it was really gingerbread, just amping the pixel density forces the os to think its running on a small high density screen...therefore the UI changes.

Nothing is actually stopping honeycomb from running on a smartphone, it COULD run right now if you wanted it to.

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]yeyaya[/nom]iOS is Much Better - More smoother and no lag[/citation]

BUT, can it run flash? And most importantly, is it named after an awesome desert? No it isn't. Ice Cream Sandwiches are so much cooler.

neo_anderson

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
You guys do know that its just alphabetical, take the first letter, drop the rest. Perfectly logical naming scheme to me, and still fun

Froyo - F
Gingerbread - G
Honeycomb - H
Ice cream Sandwich - I

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]yeyaya[/nom]iOS is Much Better - More smoother and no lag[/citation]

And it would be worth something if you could do anything with it.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]neo_anderson[/nom]You guys do know that its just alphabetical, take the first letter, drop the rest. Perfectly logical naming scheme to me, and still funFroyo - FGingerbread - GHoneycomb - HIce cream Sandwich - I[/citation]Not to mention Cupcake, Donut, and Eclair before that! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.