News Your Odds of Winning Newegg Shuffle Are Just 0.001%

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 30, 2021
Has ANYONE come forward and say they actually WON from NewEgg.com??? These things are close holding out that chance of winning when the odds are so high against anyone. Has any NewEgg.com employee or in someway connected to them . Did corporate buyers have winner(s)? This whole ginning thing looks and acts like a sham.

I won two days ago. I entered every shuffle for about a month and a half, tried at about 200 items. I have a 3070 on the way, with a mobo I dont want.

Apr 30, 2021
Tried to be persistent (and continually checked-in) keeping alive bookmarked pages for products I wanted (3060 and 3060Ti and 3070, as well as RX 6700 XT on NewEgg, B&H, Best Buy and AMD USA Store. (Ans Zotac.) Always Out of Stock or maybe Coming Soon, but never any product. (So WHERE does "24/7 Live Stock Alert for (yadda, yadda...)" on YouTube get away with saying there are 'product drops' and daily sales from the above sites? I NEVER see any! And, yes, the NewEgg Shuffle is a bunch of trash...seldom anything except very high priced NVidias...and usually combined in combos with motherboard I do not want or memory (only 2X8GBs!) that I do not need. New Egg is out of my shopping lane now and for the future. I turned off their stupid deal notices and "Shell Shockers" - as if ten bucks off is a great deal! Amazon usually beats their prices by this amount. Anyway, very poor options on their Shuffle...maybe I should just go out and buy a Megamillions quickpick...probably have a better chance of winning there.

I would suggest getting on the twitter feeds that follow the bots, or the Falcodrin discord and/or twitch/youtube channels (google falcodrin). Any of these have live listings whenever even 1 or 2 goes up for sale at a reasonable price. Over the past month I've had a couple dozen decent shots at something at a reasonable price before winning the shuffle yesterday.

There is nothing winning about being selected to pay what I still consider a scalper price for a video card.
many 3rd party GPU editions have ALWAYS been hundreds of dollars more than the basic ATI\AMD or Nvidia versions.

whereas a recent "scalper" price is going to be 2-4x the MSRP,
prices directly from Newegg's own stock are exactly the same as ASUS\EVGA\PNY\ZOTAC\etc list on their own sites.

even though prices may be higher than we may like, if you consider the actual manufacturer's MSRP a scalper price
than you may just need to learn what "to scalp" actually means.

Apr 30, 2021
About a month ago I started entering into the shuffle daily. I was selected 4 times in 2 weeks! The second time for a Strix 3090 OC. I still enter every day but I haven't been selected since. I didn't realize I was getting so lucky.

Apr 30, 2021
Has ANYONE come forward and say they actually WON from NewEgg.com??? These things are close holding out that chance of winning when the odds are so high against anyone. Has any NewEgg.com employee or in someway connected to them . Did corporate buyers have winner(s)? This whole ginning thing looks and acts like a sham.
Yeah, I got the email about a week ago for a 6800 (not xt) with the B550+ mobo for $1061. Got it in the mail a few days later. Originally I thought that I would get my pick of the items I chose, but it was just for one of the items. After clicking on the link in my email, it took me to Newegg to the shopping cart where it was already placed in and I purchased it.

ignatz_maus

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Actually, I've won twice. Once on the launch of the 6700 XT, I suppose that there may have been more available on that specific day, thus improving my odds, and again, just recently, I won a Ryzen 9 CPU (no bundle!).

I basically think that I have just been one of the lucky few. I prefer this system to the madness that occurs when Best Buy has inventory. Way too stressful. Twice I have had items in my cart and was selecting delivery instead of pick-up only to have the item yanked from my cart. Distressing and unnecessary. They should switch to a lottery system as well.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Actually, I've won twice. Once on the launch of the 6700 XT, I suppose that there may have been more available on that specific day, thus improving my odds, and again, just recently, I won a Ryzen 9 CPU (no bundle!).

I basically think that I have just been one of the lucky few. I prefer this system to the madness that occurs when Best Buy has inventory. Way too stressful. Twice I have had items in my cart and was selecting delivery instead of pick-up only to have the item yanked from my cart. Distressing and unnecessary. They should switch to a lottery system as well.

In the Best Buy drops, trying to get delivery is what tends to make you lose your order; Best Buy is largely making these drops pickup only.

In the end, the basic problem is that there's just not enough stuff to sell for the people that want to buy it. People are going to get mad, I think, at any system because basic math demands that any way the priority is given, the majority of people won't get a specific drop.

A lottery's certainly less chaotic than the mayhem you mention when they just open things up. Though I didn't mind it that much personally; I had one of the laptops on Falcodrin's bot stream for most of February and March and was eventually successful at getting a 3080 and two 5900x (I got an Amazon drop on the latter and it took so long to ship that I get an AMD drop and sold my Amazon one to one of my readers at cost).

PiranhaTech

Reputable
Mar 20, 2021
many 3rd party GPU editions have ALWAYS been hundreds of dollars more than the basic ATI\AMD or Nvidia versions.

whereas a recent "scalper" price is going to be 2-4x the MSRP,
prices directly from Newegg's own stock are exactly the same as ASUS\EVGA\PNY\ZOTAC\etc list on their own sites.

even though prices may be higher than we may like, if you consider the actual manufacturer's MSRP a scalper price
than you may just need to learn what "to scalp" actually means.

Agreed. There was a time where I got a GTX 1660 from a site for I think around $300, and realized "this is an OC GPU that should not exist, so that's why it's so expensive". It wasn't a scalper price.

Apr 30, 2021
I was selected in my second attempt with shuffle, and got a Strix 3080 oc and a strix b550 MB. It was great for me BC I had to do a build for my little cousin, so he gets my 2080Ti and the B550 MB and I swapped the 3080 into my build. I've spent a good amount of $ with them over the last year, so that may have put me at an advantage, but I can't say for sure, but I did win!

Reactions: JohnP4261
May 1, 2021
I have won on Newegg. Asus ROG Strix 3080 with a B570 Strix motherboard also won a 5950x another time, to be honest it was probably some type of glitch. The company I don't trust is B and H. I have gotten dozens of emails from them saying that I am on the list but they still have no stock but my friend that has a PC shop has received a number of CPU and card deliveries and when I call them they tell me everyone comes in order and I think its a strait lie because I have been on their list from the first week all the cards get released.

May 12, 2021
Well, I entered last Wednesday, first time. And I won! I won an EVGA 3060 12GB and an EVGA 750 Supernova 80+ Gold PSU. The 3060 let me put my 2060 in my son's PC and a 3060 in my beast! Did I mention it was my first entry? And I won exactly what I wanted. Good on you Newegg. For all the haters, enjoy those sour grapes. the card was $399.99 BTW. That is MSRP I believe.

May 12, 2021
I have won on Newegg. Asus ROG Strix 3080 with a B570 Strix motherboard also won a 5950x another time, to be honest it was probably some type of glitch. The company I don't trust is B and H. I have gotten dozens of emails from them saying that I am on the list but they still have no stock but my friend that has a PC shop has received a number of CPU and card deliveries and when I call them they tell me everyone comes in order and I think its a strait lie because I have been on their list from the first week all the cards get released.
I agree B&H is a bunch of scoundrels.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I agree B&H is a bunch of scoundrels.

We'll see, just ordered a 10th gen CPU from them. I waited too long on Newegg and the price went up.

Did get a case from them missing all the filters once, sent it back though. Box was unopened, so I really blame BitFenix on that one.

The last successful purchase was for DDR3-1600 back around 2010 or so, I think. I recall having ordered it from two places and canceled one of them.

May 14, 2021
I think the author of this article should think about their headlines more. The chance being 0.001% is almost always false, and is only true if there's a single item you enter for that Newegg only as 1 item in stock to give out. Since Newegg most likely has more inventory than 1 item, and clearly you can see there are multiple entries, then your chance of winning is higher. If they have 20 items in stock, your chance to win is ~0.02% (the actual chance is slightly higher but not meaningfully so). If they have 100 items in stock, your chance is ~0.1% (plus change), but then if they have multiple cards available to choose from, your chances to win something goes up proportional to that. But then even further, that 100,000 figure is for people entering the shuffle, but since there are multiple items to choose from, it's not necessarily for any given item, just a possible upper bound.

Reactions: Fulgurant
Jul 30, 2021

I more or less wondered the same thing, but I actually did win. It was unfortunate, because after entering day after day for a while, and then just getting an email later saying I was not selected, I honestly did not expect to be selected, so I did not check my email until about 30 minutes after my purchase window closed. But it's good to know it's possible.

May 12, 2021
I have won the shuffle twice. Do the math on that. The first one was 3 months ago, I won a 3060 the seconds was last month, I won an Xbox series x

I must be lucky

Got selected a few times in the last 2-3 months for a 5900X, Xbox Series S, RTX 3060, but passed on them. Since then I've been entering everyday for a month and came up short. Then I read through this thread and I got selected for an RTX 3080 ti which I jumped on. This topic is good luck XD

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I managed to get selected on Friday before the July 4th weekend, they concluded by 5pm, presumably for the extended weekend, rather than the usual 7-9pm. I didn't check my email until I got home. It was a 3070Ti but with an entire barebones system (though their idea of barebones was really lacking), probably would have passed on it anyway.

Let month 4 begin.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Success on month 5. More than I wanted, but supposedly a FTW3 RTX 3080Ti on the way. Going to have to keep this one for a while to justify it. At least it was close to retail price and not bundled with anything.