Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
Hello everyone,

When I start the computer after BIOS screen I get the below screen. I tryed to reset and access BIOS but the del key or any other key doesn't seem to be working. This is a new build and I was able to get into desktop to add in new drivers, software, games etc and then after I added the 2TB HDD using device manager after I reseted computer I get the error screen. I think maybe the system is trying to boot from the empty drive but shouldn't it select my SSD if HDD wont work? And why did the keyboard stop working, I tried 2 different keyboard in multiple slots.

My Build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dt3M99

Solution
I got it to work now, thank you so much for your helps. I unplugged the SSD so I had no drives hooked up and powered the computer. The keyboard started to work and I was able to get into BIOS and fix boot sequences, saved and power off, plugged SSD back in. Powered comp on, Windows loaded fine (took only 16 seconds) I haven't plugged back in HDD yet for fear of crashing so I will wait till i get everything loaded on the SSD I wanted. O, I also disabled fast boot so it wont disable the USB connectors during POST boot.

MUCHOS GRACIAS EVERYONE.

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I removed the battery and waited 5 min then replaced and restarted the computer. Keyboard still not working, it loads BIOS but del key not working then it goes to load windows and back to the error screen.

I still don't get why it would disable the keyboards?

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I unplugged the HDD and started her up, the keyboard is now working and it allowed me to enter BIOS. I changed the boot order so it loaded windows 10 74bit from the SSD first and the CD 2nd. Saved setting and reset. After reset keyboard is back to not working (no blue led lights on either) and my new screen says:

"Reboot and select proper Boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Keyboard is disabled so I can't enter BIOS nor press any key at the above screen even know I have the windows disk in the CD player.

When I did have windows working I may have enabled fast boot, I don't know if that messed anything up.

Help! ;(

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
ok, so I unplugged my SSD and powered on the computer and guess what, the keyboard now works so I can enter BIOS. I changed the boot order to load from cd/dvd 1st and not from the SSD I had originally changed it too. But why would having a SSD plugged in disable keyboard before BIOS?

Mouldread

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2013
This is probably a long shot, I haven't fiddled with computers for a while now and this might not be the case anymore, but if you want you can try this.
Some time ago (which could still be case) Hard Drives had a jumper you can move to make the HDD either Master or Slave. Take the HDD out and look at the back of it. If these jumpers still exist check at what position you have to put it to be a Slave. If it's on Master setting it could be trying to boot from it instead from your SSD. But once more, this could have nothing to do with it.

2u4opcj.jpg

theunliked

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

I dont think current sata hard drives have it anymore. Nows its all cable select by default..

Sanic, does it work now when you plug the ssd back in?

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I got it to work now, thank you so much for your helps. I unplugged the SSD so I had no drives hooked up and powered the computer. The keyboard started to work and I was able to get into BIOS and fix boot sequences, saved and power off, plugged SSD back in. Powered comp on, Windows loaded fine (took only 16 seconds) I haven't plugged back in HDD yet for fear of crashing so I will wait till i get everything loaded on the SSD I wanted. O, I also disabled fast boot so it wont disable the USB connectors during POST boot.

MUCHOS GRACIAS EVERYONE.

Solution