Discussion Your preferred cloud storage solution to access edit and save files while it stays in storage?

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
Hi there,

I am considering finally getting a cloud storage solution however what I'm aiming to do is store all files (documents, images, psds, fl studio project files, etc) on there and keep my disk drives for applications only as much as possible. Currently I'd say total size right now is about 400gb that I would want to store and access from the cloud.

Trying to see if anyone else has done this? I'm hoping to be able to access those files from a synced folder or something like that where I don't have to drag it back and forth from the cloud drive/fold to access I can just open it like normal and save it like normal but it all opens and saves within the cloud drive.

I do this at work with OneDrive for my MS office files but unable to test it out with other file types due to missing applications.

I didn't like dropbox, personally, I heard about BackBlaze and they seem like a nice solution but unsure if I can do what I'm trying to do with them.

Has anyone else tried this? Any recommendations?

thanks

USAFRet

Titan
Ah okay that's good to know. I'll have to plan how I do that differently then. Is there a cloud solution you use that has been working well for you?
No.
I have QNAP NAS, with approx 50TB drive space. All my systems back up to this nightly or weekly.
My offsite "cloud" thing is a drive in a desk drawer at work, updated 'whenever'.

Umeed

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2013
No.
I have QNAP NAS, with approx 50TB drive space. All my systems back up to this nightly or weekly.
My offsite "cloud" thing is a drive in a desk drawer at work, updated 'whenever'.

Hahaha I like it.