YouTube Adding Vuvuzela Noise to All Videos

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadCommand

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
It would be great if the buzz sound was interpreted as a call to war by some far off warring planet and they responded in kind with complete annihilation.

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]If this is an example of the inane crap that comes with the world cup, I hope it NEVER comes to this country.What's more annoying that 80000 soccer twats? 80000 soccer twats with vuvuzelas.[/citation]
I'm a booty man myself ;)

G

At least soccer is way more entertaining than the so called "american football" getting interrupted and paused every few seconds by referees to review gameplay which is totally slow, frustrating, actionless and just plain boring. So yeah I rather withstand the vuvuzelas' anoying noise and enjoy a sport with actual action than just be frustrated by stop & go, stop & go, and repeat boring sport called american football.

And by the way they should call it "american handball" cuz the players rarely use their foot to interact with the ball and instead 98% of time they use their hands. The person who named it must have been retarded.

And I don't care if you vote me down to -99. If you do, it only means that you can't stand a simple opposing opinion to your fangirl's point of view lol. Besides I wont read it. bye.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]RealDanMan[/nom]At least soccer is way more entertaining than the so called "american football" getting interrupted and paused every few seconds by referees to review gameplay which is totally slow, frustrating, actionless and just plain boring. So yeah I rather withstand the vuvuzelas' anoying noise and enjoy a sport with actual action than just be frustrated by stop & go, stop & go, and repeat boring sport called american football.And by the way they should call it "american handball" cuz the players rarely use their foot to interact with the ball and instead 98% of time they use their hands. The person who named it must have been retarded.And I don't care if you vote me down to -99. If you do, it only means that you can't stand a simple opposing opinion to your fangirl's point of view lol. Besides I wont read it. bye.[/citation]

I have to give -1 to this. As a gamer, I've had just as much fun playing football games as soccer games among other sports. Soccer doesn't catch on as well in the US because the scoring is very slow paced and not many get made from what I can tell. In a video game, you can easily get your a$$ handed to you and be down 10 goals if you don't know what you are doing. I've found the games on console to be more entertaining than just sitting around watching people kick the ball back and forth and barely shoot it to goal. But everyone has their opinion of things. All the sports are decent in their own way.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Personally I think air horns example are far more annoying among other things I think the media has blown it way out of proportion anyway just to try to make a story out of nothing.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Soccer (football) is the world's most popular sport for one key reason, it's dirt cheap to play. All you need is a ball. Millions of kids in third worlds play without shoes, all you need is a ball and something to mark the goal posts. Hard to argue with the fact that anyone can afford to play, since the vast majority of the earth's population live on next to nothing.

isamuelson

Distinguished
[citation][nom]anamaniac[/nom]I was wondering what that button was.To each their own I guess.But if someone brought one of those damned things inside my house, a paramedic would have to remove it and they'd limp for a week.[/citation]

Acutally, they'd be walking with their legs in a wide stance because of where I'd shove it. Let's see you blow that horn with it up your $#@!

Don't get me wrong. I love soccer. I absolutely cannot stand those horns. Go to a Columbus Crew game. You have a section where people get dressed up (almost scary like how Raider fans dress up) and they chant and beat drums, but at least they do it in a rhythm that makes you want to get up and cheer along with them. I'm sure other MLS soccer teams do it too, I just have only been to Crew games and they are great to listen to. At least I don't feel like I'm in a bee hive like it sounds with those stupid horns!

isamuelson

Distinguished
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]I have to give -1 to this. As a gamer, I've had just as much fun playing football games as soccer games among other sports. Soccer doesn't catch on as well in the US because the scoring is very slow paced and not many get made from what I can tell. In a video game, you can easily get your a$$ handed to you and be down 10 goals if you don't know what you are doing. I've found the games on console to be more entertaining than just sitting around watching people kick the ball back and forth and barely shoot it to goal. But everyone has their opinion of things. All the sports are decent in their own way.[/citation]

It was actually video games that turned me onto soccer and then my daughters playing it in select soccer. I've learned that there is a method to the madness. A lot of the passing may seem stupid, but it's a way to open space to feed the ball into your forwards and attempt to score. It's not just kicking the ball around as it may seem. And controlling the ball with your head, chest, legs and feet is a LOT harder than people think. I've seen how my daughters have to practice this in the backyard to get ANY kind of control that allows them to use those skills.

Also, foot skills with the ball, attempting to fake out your opponent, etc. all require practice and they are skills, not some fancy cool looking move to impress (although they do look cool when they are pulled off to perfection).

I used to be in the crowd that thought soccer was stupid, but if you really learn about it (especially if your kids play it), you begin to get a new found respect for the game.

I still love NFL football the most though, but soccer is my second passion in sports.

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]hmmmm...I wonder how far I could shove a vuvuzela up a footballsupporter's rectum[/citation]
Just as far as your own rectum?

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]isamuelson[/nom]I used to be in the crowd that thought soccer was stupid, but if you really learn about it (especially if your kids play it), you begin to get a new found respect for the game.[/citation]
You are 100% correct. Americans in general just don't understand how the game _really_ works. It's the same thing as those who don't like the UFC with the argument "they're just 2 guys rolling on the ground." Just because you haters fail to understand the sport doesn't mean it's stupid, it just means you are ignorant.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
[citation][nom]v1ze[/nom]You are 100% correct. Americans in general just don't understand how the game _really_ works. It's the same thing as those who don't like the UFC with the argument "they're just 2 guys rolling on the ground." Just because you haters fail to understand the sport doesn't mean it's stupid, it just means you are ignorant.[/citation]

Isn't the USA the only place where you will find the "soccer mom". Seems to always have been popular with kids at least since the 1980s. Hadn't seen as much popularity in football at that young of age.

free_radical

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
What's with my comments being deleted? I'm just speaking the truth as the rest of the world sees it. Africans have now officially proven that most of their continent is populated by obnoxious retards.

IFLATLINEI

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]Teen Geek[/nom]Am I the only one who thinks this is dumb?[/citation]
Not only are you not the only one but I think "dumb" is a rather large understatement.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
I think what makes Soccer so great and yet boring is the difficulty of the score.
In football, you have a whole team and only 4 good players (quarterback, receiver,) and the rest are linemen who just guard. thus you have few key people whom control the game that need to be dealt with and when they score, its big. The game takes place in phases where your either on offense or defense and those roles change based upon a certain criteria. Its a slow greko-roman style military quest over the land. A constant forward push by both teams.

In Soccer, every player is good, each person can pass, receive, shoot, defend all equally and have to change roles depending on how the game flows. Since offense and defense are constantly changing at a fast pace, scoring is difficult because both teams will always have a dedicated defense and the offense needs to mobilize quickly or in a few seconds they are back to playing defense. Pretty much its random hit and run taking pot shots and spur of the moment openings. Both teams are constantly up and down the field.

kelemvor4

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I don't get it either. This noise is the sole reason I haven't been watching the world cup games. They need to ban the vuvuzelas. I watched one game and heard the sound but I assumed it was some kind of technical difficulty they were having with the audio or something; until I saw news articles on the subject anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.