YouTube Announces Plans to Stream 1080p Video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ac21365[/nom]Too bad no US ISP's (say for FIOS) sell enough upload to make this worth my time to upload in a timely manner. Unless I leave it running overnight.[/citation]

What are you talking about? Verizon has bomb upload. They have 15/5, 25/15, and 50/20. I think we are supposed to get 25/15, and we get 26/22.

JimmiG

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]dainsane1[/nom]This sounds good in theory; but who has the steady bandwidth to stream 1080p? then next issue would be the download caps that are being enforced by more isp's these days. As is my streaming usage lands me near my cap. *sarcastic voice* thank you rogers /EndRant[/citation]

Streaming the videos should work fine on your average 10Mb connection or whatever is the norm over there (most people in my town here in Sweden have 50Mb or 100Mb for about $30 - $40 a month). The question is, can the Youtube servers keep up? Isn't Youtube already losing money?

G

MMM MMM.. Good old corporatism.. "Can you buy new monitors to watch the 1080p, and also everyone with a 30/60 gig dl cap... ya we want you to fork over more loot a month too.."

Itll all help the "HECONME"..i mean "Economy"

Status
Not open for further replies.