Question YouTube Redirect? (Help as I really think this is new like today Nov 18 2022, just coming out issue maybe!)

Oct 19, 2022
Hi All,

I am in tech and i usually can solve anything ... however and whats weird and I know how to use google, I cannot find one piece of data on this.

See the image and or video if i can ... and how and why in the world when I click on a you tube video it is getting redirected to a PAGE I have never seen in my life before ...

1. Have any of you ever even seen this page? (it does not seem malicious)
  2. Why or how is it doing this as of today ON all browsers, from firefox, edge, chrome, and opera (i have check everything possible, reset, check pc for virus etc all is stable, yet issue still is about)
  3. Some links go to youtube directly as should and some go to this weird site
  4. If i right click link and say open in new tab/page it will work and go directly to youtube within the browser (forget about the desktop youtube app, no need for that, browser is better)
  5. But if i direct say Chrome, google work music and click youtube link it goes to this weird page?!
  6. I have noticed it adds to my query which is weird. Here are the steps, data and live real examples (i ran test on url it seems to be safe from google / so seems safe):
* Say I google term "work music" (again to keep short this is only an example) ... thus the results come about which are:
** Now notice these are just the query results but look at last part ending of address ... its a 1 right ... ok note that.
*** Now I direct click a youtube video link found on the results page (which is the url above) and look what it do ... it does NOT even change url but appends to it ... look here (i ran test on it / seems to be from google / seems safe):
#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:e13f666f,vid:ZVb_yKMivqo
* ***I mean ok i get directories with same url etc and adding but this makes no sense! More so a regular clicked link of video will take it to something like this:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVb_yKMivqo
(by the way the weird site has button to go to normal youtube) but i dont want to go to some off the wall page, i want go to youtube as always directly upon click link.
** So again when i direct clicked link it go weird site (and yes I tested this on many many video links today and again on all browser and this stuff comes up as of today) ... so it opens weird site, more weird is I can find one thing on this within the internet.
*** Also if this helps if i right click the link and say copy from the results page it will have this url:

I cannot figure this out!! I have tried all I know ... and the most weird thing is not one piece of data on the internet references this issue ... its not about lets go to the youtube desktop app, forget the app, I just want to click on a music vid/link from google serach results and it go directly to the youtube as always do where i have my channel and all tools etc in one box vs. some youtube app that does not have all that ... why they even offer that app is beyond me but that is here nor there ... right now I need help as this is going to be interesting ... and please whoever can help ... save time on not wondering if i have done the basics AND more ... I am in technology and usually there is not a problem i cannot solve but this one is upsetting me, so i need help ... so lets not think reset a browser or check for viruses etc etc ... this is something else and I cannot figure it out ...

I thank you and all who can chime in as to help solve this issue as perhaps its a today new issue out and about? i mean NOT one piece of data on this redirect on the internet?

apparently this site no allow upload images only links to images etc. yet the links above will explain it all with ease, the links are the images i was going to upload here, however link will show you exactly what i am seeing.

Thank you and I look forward to any help.

UPDATE! Right before I about to click post, i click preview and guess what ... this site/forums site (no fault to the site actually may help us learn issue) does not take a link as was and display ... it cuts it ... you will see what i mean, it cuts it in two parts, one part above says full weird site url and this site cuts it to this:

If you take the two parts and put them together you will find the link in the three star notes above.

Now I have to take images so you all can see ... i will take print screen and upload somewhere free and link the ONE site that is not displaying here correctly (why would this site chop this url like this?)

Here you go! I uploaded what I see when I click on links:

https://ibb.co/ZX5B6ZK

https://ibb.co/zSxLtbH

https://ibb.co/TYvnK2B

https://ibb.co/yd51Y93

Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Notice the iink is Google in image 3 and not YouTube. So the different ways they show could be 2 different teams woeking for different parts of Google not agreeing how it should show.

So instead of launching it in Youtube they are using their own viewer...

Might be a view for playlists perhaps.

If I reattach the 2 links together, I get what you see in image 3 (2nd link) Pretty good chance my AV or another ad blocker would have complained if it was bad

it could be a bug that the forum is stripping it. Not sure. Either way its being shown by Google, just in the wrong viewer.

Always a chance I am wrong

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2022
Notice the iink is Google in image 3 and not YouTube. So the different ways they show could be 2 different teams woeking for different parts of Google not agreeing how it should show.

So instead of launching it in Youtube they are using their own viewer...

Might be a view for playlists perhaps.

If I reattach the 2 links together, I get what you see in image 3 (2nd link) Pretty good chance my AV or another ad blocker would have complained if it was bad

it could be a bug that the forum is stripping it. Not sure. Either way its being shown by Google, just in the wrong viewer.

Always a chance I am wrong
Thank you thus far, and whether its google/chrome not working with youtube link I am still with need to fix this as every vid almost i open go to this weird page ... and more so here the question of the year ... "Have You Ever Seen Such Page/Site Play YouTube Vid"? ... as I have not ... i cannot find anything on this ... so again thank you for you input as for this site break the two apart that no big deal .... understandable as in some my reads I may be thinking its a tail per-say to track clicks? i have no idea but something is wrong and even this site not like the link ... and I no like the link i just want click on link from google and go straight to youtube.

If anyone ever seen this platform and or player please let me know, as well of course the fix :)

Thank you again.

Oct 19, 2022
Oh one more thing, you mention Chrome and YouTube are perhaps not interfacing with each other very well ... perhaps ... however as shared above, critical factor is this is happening on every browser from Firefox, to Quora to Chrome to Edge etc.

Just wanted to ensure we all understand that as this is not isolated to one browser.

Thx.!

Oct 19, 2022
Hi All,

I am in tech and i usually can solve anything ... however and whats weird and I know how to use google, I cannot find one piece of data on this.

See the image and or video if i can ... and how and why in the world when I click on a you tube video it is getting redirected to a PAGE I have never seen in my life before ...

Have any of you ever even seen this page? (it does not seem malicious)
Why or how is it doing this as of today ON all browsers, from firefox, edge, chrome, and opera (i have check everything possible, reset, check pc for virus etc all is stable, yet issue still is about)
Some links go to youtube directly as should and some go to this weird site
If i right click link and say open in new tab/page it will work and go directly to youtube within the browser (forget about the desktop youtube app, no need for that, browser is better)
But if i direct say Chrome, google work music and click youtube link it goes to this weird page?!
I have noticed it adds to my query which is weird. Here are the steps, data and live real examples (i ran test on url it seems to be safe from google / so seems safe):

* Say I google term "work music" (again to keep short this is only an example) ... thus the results come about which are:
work music - Google Search
** Now notice these are just the query results but look at last part ending of address ... its a 1 right ... ok note that.
*** Now I direct click a youtube video link found on the results page (which is the url above) and look what it do ... it does NOT even change url but appends to it ... look here (i ran test on it / seems to be from google / seems safe):
* ***I mean ok i get directories with same url etc and adding but this makes no sense! More so a regular clicked link of video will take it to something like this:
View:

(by the way the weird site has button to go to normal youtube) but i dont want to go to some off the wall page, i want go to youtube as always directly upon click link.
** So again when i direct clicked link it go weird site (and yes I tested this on many many video links today and again on all browser and this stuff comes up as of today) ... so it opens weird site, more weird is I can find one thing on this within the internet.
*** Also if this helps if i right click the link and say copy from the results page it will have this url:
View:

I cannot figure this out!! I have tried all I know ... and the most weird thing is not one piece of data on the internet references this issue ... its not about lets go to the youtube desktop app, forget the app, I just want to click on a music vid/link from google serach results and it go directly to the youtube as always do where i have my channel and all tools etc in one box vs. some youtube app that does not have all that ... why they even offer that app is beyond me but that is here nor there ... right now I need help as this is going to be interesting ... and please whoever can help ... save time on not wondering if i have done the basics AND more ... I am in technology and usually there is not a problem i cannot solve but this one is upsetting me, so i need help ... so lets not think reset a browser or check for viruses etc etc ... this is something else and I cannot figure it out ...

I thank you and all who can chime in as to help solve this issue as perhaps its a today new issue out and about? i mean NOT one piece of data on this redirect on the internet?

apparently this site no allow upload images only links to images etc. yet the links above will explain it all with ease, the links are the images i was going to upload here, however link will show you exactly what i am seeing.

Thank you and I look forward to any help.

UPDATE! Right before I about to click post, i click preview and guess what ... this site/forums site (no fault to the site actually may help us learn issue) does not take a link as was and display ... it cuts it ... you will see what i mean, it cuts it in two parts, one part above says full weird site url and this site cuts it to this:
If you take the two parts and put them together you will find the link in the three star notes above.

Now I have to take images so you all can see ... i will take print screen and upload somewhere free and link the ONE site that is not displaying here correctly (why would this site chop this url like this?)

Here you go! I uploaded what I see when I click on links:

https://ibb.co/ZX5B6ZK

https://ibb.co/zSxLtbH

https://ibb.co/TYvnK2B

https://ibb.co/yd51Y93

Thank you.

Oct 19, 2022
Oh one more thing, you mention Chrome and YouTube are perhaps not interfacing with each other very well ... perhaps ... however as shared above, critical factor is this is happening on every browser from Firefox, to Quora to Chrome to Edge etc.

Just wanted to ensure we all understand that as this is not isolated to one browser.

Thx.!

Thx.!
UPDATE! So while still trying to solve this and never seeing in my life this interface nor do I think you all have either ... i am seeing something now!!

I have hovered over the link itself above the image to the vid and its a short valid link that will WORK and bring me every time to youtube directly ...

Then I hovered over the image! And that is where this weird link is about and brings you to a white interface and plays only the vid on a stripped down barely any content of page / ower of page etc ... and again I have NEVER seen this before and I dont think any of you have either as I have click on link and or image and it ALWAYS used to bring me to youtube.

Can someone try this ... can someone query some music, and click the direct link see if it go to you tube and then click the image of the vid and see if it bring you to the white page?~

If it does can you please share back AND most of all ... have you EVER seen this before or is it new?

Thank you!