[SOLVED] Z170 Pro memory

Nov 16, 2020
I ran a PC scan from Crucial to give me memory upgrade options. I purchased (from another vendor) what they suggested 2x32GB kits CT2K16G4DFD832A to replace the Corsair memory installed. The PC would not post when the new memory was installed nor would it work with the old memory replaced. I eventually got it to work again on the old memory by updating the BIOS. I downloaded the latest VQL from ASUS and Crucial memory does not appear at all. Guess I should have checked this first but assumed the Crucial scan would be ok :-( Is there any way the Crucial memory can be made to work?
Current system specs:
ASUS Z170 Pro gaming M'board
i7 -6700 CPU @3.4 GHz
16 GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2800C16
Thanks.

Solution
Well that sucks, I pretty much always buy G.Skill because they have always been great on service for me. I sure would not recommend Crucial based on this.

RealBeast

Titan
Doing a direct search rather than the scan tool shows that they recommend one set. Once I enter 4 sticks that model disappears.

It has very slow timings (22-22-22) compared to your current memory (16-18-18).

While you might be able to get it to run using higher voltage, since the Crucial scan tool recommended it, I would contact Crucial support for an exchange to a set that will actually run/or get a refund and get set on sale that is on the QVL.

Nov 16, 2020
Doing a direct search rather than the scan tool shows that they recommend one set. Once I enter 4 sticks that model disappears.

It has very slow timings (22-22-22) compared to your current memory (16-18-18).

While you might be able to get it to run using higher voltage, since the Crucial scan tool recommended it, I would contact Crucial support for an exchange to a set that will actually run/or get a refund and get set on sale that is on the QVL.
After removing the cmos battery I can get two sticks to boot into bios. However after saving and exiting bios to restart it fails to complete post.
Crucial support insist the memory is compatible and will only exchange which seems pointless to me. Don’t want to risk damaging the sticks by messing with voltage as it looks like I’m going to have to put them on eBay 🤔