Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Fan headers confusion ( need some help please)

catty

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013
Hi Guys

Installing brand new pc and need some help with fan headers please.

I will have 9 fans installed in total, 3 on the bottom , 3 on the top (attached to a radiator with Corsair H150I Pro) and 3 fans next to the motherboard tray (Case is Lian LI PC 011 WGX).

6 fans are Corsair ML120 Pro RGB. 3 fans are the ones that came with the H150I Pro.

I can connect the 3 Radiator Fans to the 4 pin connectors on the pump.

This leaves me with 6 fans to connect to the motherboard. Initially i thought that would be no problem as it comes with 8 fan headers but now I am unsure as some are called differently.

I have 4 normal sys fan as well as 1 x cpu fan. The cpu fan is going to be used by the cpu cooler so all clear there :)

The normal sys fans, i have 3 of the 4 available, as sys fan 2 came with a 3 pin already plugged in which is the vrm fan or something(read this somewhere). Either way it came plugged in so i decided to leave it in ^^

so now according to my manual i have 3 more 4 pins available but i am unsure if i am allowed to use these for fans ??

Sys_Fan5_PUMP (System Fan/ Water Cooling Pump Header) as per manual
HPWR_FAN_PUMP (3 Amp Fan/Water Cooling Pump Header) as per manual
CPU_OPT (Water Cooling CPU Fan Header) as per manual

Am i able to use the above , or some of the above ? If so if you guys could please let me know which ones :)

Also i am unable to use these or only some, what are my options to connect all of my remaining fans ? Would i use some fan splitters ? Is the motherboard going to be ok with an extra fan on each of the headers or would i run into power problems ?

Is there anything else i could / should be using ?

Thanks a lot in advance guys =)!!!!

Solution
I have the same motherboard and the H150i...Yes you can use all the fan points as normal 4 pin pwm fans. I have the H150i connected to the CPU Opt for the pump and run my other fans via a spliter to the other PWM headers. No problems in using all the fan connectors as they can all do standard 4 pin PWM. A hub does make things easier but you can make use of all the fan headers with no problems.

The Sys_Fan 2 header is for a small fan that is hidden under the back panel for a little bit of extra cooling to the VRM's if required. I do not thing mine has ever come on but good to know it is there.
I have the same motherboard and the H150i...Yes you can use all the fan points as normal 4 pin pwm fans. I have the H150i connected to the CPU Opt for the pump and run my other fans via a spliter to the other PWM headers. No problems in using all the fan connectors as they can all do standard 4 pin PWM. A hub does make things easier but you can make use of all the fan headers with no problems.

The Sys_Fan 2 header is for a small fan that is hidden under the back panel for a little bit of extra cooling to the VRM's if required. I do not thing mine has ever come on but good to know it is there.

Solution