z370 DDR4 support

saulismenas

Prominent
Oct 7, 2017
I bought Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 UDIMM BLS2C4G4D26BFSC, and I am planning to buy Asrock z370 pro4, but at motherboard memory support list and at crucial's website it says motherboard doesn't support this ram. Why? Because I am pretty sure it is supposed to work. It is unbuffered and unECC memory.

Solution
Two reasons. The Z370 motherboards are too new for the memory vendors to have tested them and there are too many different memory part numbers for a motherboard manufacturer to have tested all of them at launch. That part number might be added in time, or it may never be added. No way to predict. It will probably work fine, you just don't get a manufacturer's guarantee of compatibility.

kanewolf

Titan
Two reasons. The Z370 motherboards are too new for the memory vendors to have tested them and there are too many different memory part numbers for a motherboard manufacturer to have tested all of them at launch. That part number might be added in time, or it may never be added. No way to predict. It will probably work fine, you just don't get a manufacturer's guarantee of compatibility.

Solution