Z370 Tomahawk PCIe

May 6, 2018
Hi guys and girls,

I recently built a gaming pc and I have a problem with the motherboard, it doesn't seem to detect any of the PCIe connections. I have tried all the ports, and cards from my older machines but still nothing. I have tried installing various drivers, and a clean install of windows 10. I can confirm it is not the gpu that is the problem as it works in a friends build which is almost identical to mine.

Spec are:
MSI Z370 Tomahawk Motherboard
Intel i3 8100k cpu
Asus Radeon RX 480 Dual O8G gpu
Corsair CX 650M psu
16gb Crucial Sport LT DDR4 2666mhz (2x8gb sticks)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Lutfij

Titan
Change the PSU with a different more reliable unit. On another note why did you go for the i3-8100 and pair it with the Z370 board while also on higher frequency ram? You could've easily gone with the B360 chipset and DDR4-2400MHz rams.

How identical is the system you're working with and your friend's system? Have you tried updating the BIOS on your motherboard?

May 6, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply.

I mostly chose the parts I did because they were fairly reasonably priced as I am on a low budget. The friends is identical other than the motherboard on his which I forgot the model and am currently trying to find out and he has only 8gb of ram. I have tried updating the bios but nothing changed.